Saturday, July 16, 2016

JUST CALL ME SLEEPY


Because that's about all I did today.  About once a week my body seems to shut down and I nap.  Usually it's Sunday afternoon.  I get a nice lunch, get out the things that need to thaw for dinner, and then there's the nap.  But today my body decided I needed more than an afternoon.  I woke up at 3:30 a.m. (my usual time to be up for about an hour), went back to sleep until 7:00 a.m., was up for about 3 hours.  I ate breakfast and then went upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.  I laid down on the bed for a minute and slept for another 2 hours.  I finally got myself together, ate a yummy lunch of Peanut Butter Dream yogurt, and started putting together the church bulletin.  Would you believe I fell asleep again for another 4 hours?  This is ridiculous!  Needless to say nothing got done today.  I didn't even drink all my water.  I have another 16 oz to go.  I don't think I'm going to make it, though.

Today I wore my t-shirt from the library where I used to work and a pair of denim shorts.  I hardly wore shorts at all last year and now I'm living in them.

I also wore the new turquoise and silver cross I bought a few months ago.  I still love it and don't regret spending the money at all.


Here's the Peanut Butter Dream yogurt I had for lunch.  It was vanilla yogurt with peanuts, peanut butter clusters and chocolate chips on top.  It was good and I'll eat it again (in fact I will in a couple of days) but it still doesn't beat the Almond Coco Loco.


I got two phone calls just as I was about to make dinner so we ate really late.  I made grilled flounder, baked potatoes and sauteed summer squash with mushrooms.  Everything was good.  I am trying to use up as much veggies as I can in the next two weeks since Joe and I are going away for a couple of days.  We really need this.  I'll be telling you more about it as the time gets closer, but we are really excited about it.

After we ate, I went to print out the church bulletins.  The first side printed out fine, but then as I went to put in the second side, I tripped and accidentally turned off the power strip.  I turned it back on but it took me about 45 minutes to get the computer to turn back on again.  I was so upset and frustrated.  It finally came on and I was able to finish the bulletins.  Whew!

I am really tired.  I don't know why because I slept all day.  But I am going back to sleep now.  See you all tomorrow.

Good night from a very tired Kathy.



8 comments:

  1. I'm kind of concerned as to why you are so sleepy. Are you anemic?
    Your necklace is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blood is fine although it has taken over five years to get it fine. My problem is insomnia. I have had it since high school. I will sleep for three or four hours and then be up for the rest of the night. When morning comes I want to sleep again. It was a real problem when I was working because I was always late for work. It is a little better now that I can sleep during the day. But after four or five days of just a few hours sleep it all catches up to me and I crash. I am changing my diet and eating habits so hopefully that will help with my sleep pattern too. I don't drink caffeine so I can't blame it on that.

      Delete
  2. The turquoise cross is so pretty. I have a few pieces of jewelry that really make me feel good when I wear them. I can't when volunteering with the dogs,but maybe I'll start a 'just because'day. what do you think?
    I trust you to know if your sleeping so much is an issue. The humidity has me sleepy & lethargic too,though not to your extent. (I'm a total winter person!).Please get checked if necessary,ok? I care about you! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should wear your jewelry if it makes you feel special. Everyone should feel special. I have insomnia which makes me very tired after awhile and then I crash. But I don't think the heat is helping any either. Being warm always makes me want to sleep.

      Delete
  3. You really did get caught up on your sleep! You know that is really good for you. I liked your turquoise cross, your bracelets, and the necklace. You cook some good food too! I am glad that Joe got some meds to help him even though he did not get the expensive one. Hope you have a good week. Wear your shorts and keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing jeans to go to the doctor today, but I think I will change when I get home. Joe is so much better since taking the medicine. I think he is finished with one or two of them. The other two are replacing ones he had. But the over the counter seems to be helping him just fine. Medicine is so expensive!

      Delete
  4. Poor Kathy! I'm so sorry you're just so tired. Evidently you really need all this rest! Your cross is so pretty. Sorry about the printer and the church bulletins. I used to be the editor of our church's newsletter and so many things would happen trying to print them out! Hope you get rested up and thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelia! I'm feeling a lot more rested. I just get to a point where I overdo it and then I have to sleep. Oh, so you understand about printers! It was so frustrating.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.