Sunday, July 24, 2016

IT'S A LOVELY SUNDAY

I

It's still hot here with no end in sight.  At 6 p.m. it was 93*F and felt like 96*F.  There is simply no staying outside to do anything.  I live inside these days.

I couldn't sleep again last night.  I finally dozed off around 4:00 a.m. and woke up 7:30 a.m. to go to church.  Joe was awake and said he hadn't been to sleep at all.  He started to get ready but just couldn't do it.  By the time I was ready to leave he was fast asleep.  I didn't have the heart to wake him.

There were only a few people at church today.  I know of several who stayed home because of the heat and I don't blame them one bit.  I had to open the church, though, so I showed up.  So did Sean, our guest speaker.  Even he had a shorter than usual message.

It was so hot when I got into my car to come home.  I made a little video for you.


There were a few donuts left over from Fellowship Time so I brought them home for Joe.  He said he felt some better after he ate them.  He doesn't eat the way he should.

It is just a few days now until I go on vacation to Ronks, PA in Lancaster County.  I am so looking forward to it.  I was going to say it's been awhile since I've been away, but it really hasn't.  This has been a traveling year for me.

I took a few minutes after church to go out in the yard and see how things were looking


 It is a mess.  But every time I go out to clean things up it is so hot I just can't do it.  It's supposed to cool off next week to the high 80s before going back the following week to the 90s again.  Maybe I can get a little done then.  I'm thinking I need to get out first thing in the morning when it's a little bit cooler and try to do something!

I did my nails last night in a new Julep polish I got.  It's called "Summer".  I like it a lot.  It's sort of hot and spicy like the weather lately.



You saw the silver tassel I was wearing today last week.  I wore it today with a little silver heart that Joe got for me.  Hard to see, but there's a diamond chip in the middle.  It's so pretty.  But then again everything he buys me is pretty.



So now it's time to make dinner.  Fish and chips and corn on the cob.  I make things that don't cook for a long time because it's too hot in the kitchen.  No air conditioning out there.

Until tomorrow...

Kathy



 


7 comments:

  1. Kathy, love your little film clip. So sorry to read that you and Joe are having problems sleeping. It has to be the heat. Hope tonight is better. It was hotter today for us than it was the past two days. I only watered plant very early and cleaned and filled the hummingbird feeders. To hot for any time out side. Bummer. I like being out in summer. You may be able to do a bit of yard next week. I hope I can too. Blessings to you honey, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat is a real problem. We are not used to it in southeastern Pennsylvania. I like being outside in the summer too. But this is ridiculous. I'm almost looking forward to October. I said "almost" because then it is closer to winter and I dislike cold weather.

      Delete
  2. Ah! I love your video clips!!! I love 'voices' and how we all sound so different. Right now I'm listen to an audio book about Australia and read by a wonderful lady who does so much with her voice in reading.
    Hot here, too! Louis Dean rigged us up a water cooler in the gazebo! It's red neck but it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to audio books if they are read well and with different voices for the various characters. Tell Louis Dean any time he wants to rig me up a water cooler, he's welcome to come to Philly.

      Delete
  3. Love the nail polish. Julep does seem to have aariety. Russ & I are with Joe. It's just too hot & with the humidity...blah. I've felt queasy & headachy at times & feel it is heat related. I'm really enjoying the videos. It' a nice little 'visit'.
    Stay hydrated! (Personally I'd rather be IN the water than drink it! ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be nice to be in the water? Probably all you queasiness and headaches are heat related. It's brutal.

      Delete
  4. I loved your video, Kathy. I liked hearing your voice! Your necklace is to die for! It is so pretty and so nice of Joe to get it for you. What is in Ronks, PA? Does your sister live there?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.