Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I'M SO BUSY -- I'LL NEVER GET DONE

And so it begins.  For the next month I will be running with everything going on.  I just hope I can keep it up.

Monday was another beautiful day.  But hot.  Really, really hot!  Up to 99*F (37*C) and felt like 108*F (42*C).  Joe and I had to meet one of the men from Grace Bible Fellowship Church at our church.  There is a group from this fellowship who are coming to help us with some work projects around the church and parsonage.  They do this every year and we are so thankful for them.

We met Jeff around 2 p.m. right at the height of the heat.  We were standing outside and I just couldn't take it.  So I suggested we go inside the church and put the air conditioning on in the basement area.  What a good idea!  I got something cold to drink from the fridge.  I was hot!  I was so hot I thought I was going to pass out.  The guys didn't seem to mind it.  Hmm....

They went over to the parsonage to look around and I stayed in the a/c.  You can tell it was hot by what I was wearing.  I don't usually wear a tank top out of the house.  But I just didn't care.


They took so long that I finally went over.  They couldn't open either the front or back door.  Joe tried every key he had and nothing worked.  Jeff tried.  I tried.  Nothing.  It was so hot I just couldn't stay out there so I went back in.  Finally we just gave up for the day.  Joe told Jeff he would get the measurements of the rooms this week so that he would know how much paint to buy.

Finally Monday night we had a huge thunderstorm.  It was pouring!  But we really needed the rain.  And it cooled off a little for Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, it was NOT cool.  But it went into the mid 90s instead of the high 90s.  And the humidity was better.

I took Joe to the doctor's today for a follow-up.  I did not go in with him this time because overnight I had thrown out my back.  Yes indeed.  I was in terrible pain.  I had to lay flat on my back in bed not moving until I felt my back slip into place.  Then it was sore all day but thank God it wasn't days going back.  That has happened before too.  So I sat quietly in the waiting room with my back against the back of the chair reading my book on Napoleon.  It's really interesting but taking a lot longer to read than I thought it would.

After we were finished at the doctor's office I suggested we go to lunch.  Joe was all for that so we headed to the Country Club.  We got there around 3 p.m. so they had the early bird specials.  I got a burger and fries and Joe got a broiled half chicken with veggies.  We ate lunch so late that we decided not to have dinner.  We were full.

On the way home, we stopped at the parsonage.  I had gotten an email from our Executive Director telling me where the keys to the back door were.  Sure enough, they were there and Joe was able to open the door.

We walked around looking at everything.  Since Jeff wanted measurements of the walls to know how much paint to buy, and we didn't have a tape measure with us, I paced off the rooms.  It is a nice house and much larger than ours.  Our house is tiny.  Well, I bought it tiny because it was just me!  I never thought I would get married and have someone else living here.

Joe suggested I take pictures of the rooms since Jeff couldn't get in on Monday and this way he could see what things looked like, where the windows were, the doors, etc.  He asked if I had my camera with me.  What good blogger goes around without a camera?  Of course I had my camera!  So I walked around and took pictures of everything.  I did it quickly, though, because it was really hot in the house.

One thing I thought was pretty was the closet door in the guest room.  Someone had stenciled this verse on it.


Isn't that cool?  I'm thinking about doing something like that on one of my doors.

Well, since it's after 1 a.m. now, I think I'll end.  I'm not sleepy yet, so I'll continue on cleaning the house until I get tired.  I have so much to do.  So much!

Until later...

Kathy

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy, I think much of the U.S. is suffering with extreme heat. Hope the painter does a fabulous job. Hope Joe gets along well and you too. I guess we will have double duty come fall, if we can't get our summer chores done. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. you may have to encourage Joe and the workers to drink o lots of water . I remind Ted all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.