Friday, July 15, 2016

I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND

I was feeling sort of blue today.  I look around at all the housework I have to do and know there is no way to get it all done with the pain I've been experiencing lately.  Joe seemed to know this without me even saying it.  He came downstairs around lunchtime and told me he was taking me out for lunch!

We went to Chick-fil-A.


I got the grilled chicken nuggets and an iced tea.  Joe got a sandwich and fries and a lemonade.  It was good.


After we ate, we went to Shop Rite and I got five more Chobani yogurts.  They didn't have my favorite, the Almond Coco Loco, so I got salted caramel, peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut.  I can't wait to try the new flavors.  I am so enjoying having these for lunch each day.  They are nice and cold and not too filling with this hot weather.

I am loving my new water bottle that Joe bought me yesterday.


I can tell how much I am drinking and I find I am actually drinking more. 

I wanted to show you the jewelry I am wearing today.  Joe bought me this cross and infinity necklace a few months ago.  I wore it twice and almost lost it both times because the cross just slips through the infinity loop.  So I haven't worn it in awhile.  But I figured out that if I put the cross through the loop twice, the chain sort of ties itself and it stays put.  So that's what I did today and it worked.


I'm glad because now I can wear it.

The t-shirt I'm wearing today is one of my favorites.  I got it in Ocean City, NJ two years ago.  I love the color and the beach chairs on it.  

I hope we can get down there sometime this year.  Maybe in September around our anniversary when the weather isn't so hot.  Right now it's just about 7:00 p.m. and here in Philadelphia it's 91*F (33*C) but feels like 94*F (35*C).  The humidity is what's bad though.  

Needless to say I wore my white shorts out to lunch even though I usually would never do that.  I just didn't care at that point.  I wanted to stay cool.

So I'm off to put dinner on the table now.  It's an easy one tonight.  I'm having a big salad, corn on the cob, and sliced fresh peaches.  I was going to make potato salad, but it's just too hot to stand over a stove boiling potatoes.

Have a good evening everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Kathy

 

2 comments:

  1. It's been take-the-cool-route weather, hasn't it? We had guests for two days, and I cut many corners, for our House A/C isn't working, just in the two bedrooms with window units. We had chicken and corn from the grill, with lots of their beautiful sliced tomatoes they brought, cucumbers with homemade bleu cheese dip, Paminna Cheese and pepper jelly. A bought silk pie for dessert.

    Pastries and fruit for brunch, and out to an early dinner. I just don't turn on the stove when the house is hot. And for years, I've made potato salad with the skins on---baby reds or Yukons. Just wash, poke several times with a knife tip, and microwave for several minutes til tender. You can cut it with a few knife-strokes right in the bowl, or leave to cool enough to handle. I sprinkle on several tablespoons of
    really sweet pickle juice and a shower of salt, and then toss with whatever you cut up to go in it. (our choice is minced onion, bell pepper, sweet pickles and boiled egg. Mustardy mayo (celery seeds optional).

    This recipe was one of my most requested for parties, when I catered for so many years.

    Glad you're both out and about, and hope your pain abates quickly.

    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklace is very pretty. Glad you could find a way to wear it.Hugs to Joe for cheering you up! It
    sounds like it was just what you needed. I must confess that the humidity is wearing me out. I'm just not a summer person. now give me 4 - 6 inches of snow....
    Have a beautiful day! woof

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.