Saturday, July 9, 2016

A SHOPPING DAY... I DIDN'T MEAN TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY!

It wasn't the nicest day today weatherwise because it was so cloudy, but the temperatures weren't as high as they have been.  I decided to head for the farm to see what they had.  I haven't been there in a long time.  Joe decided he wanted to get out of the house and go with me.

We got quite a bit of food.  More than I expected to.
 Peaches, wax beans, tomatoes, spring mix, summer squash, zucchini and two orange and cranberry scones.  All for under $20.  Not bad.

The farm also sells plants -- herbs and flowers.  The flowers looked so great today.  I was surprised they held up so well in the heat.  My plants are looking a little... well... dead.






On the way out I saw a koi pond.  That's new.  I stopped to take a couple of pictures.



There was an Italian Ice guy setting up his truck as we were leaving.  Joe and he started talking and Joe bought a couple ices from him.  I asked if I could take his picture and he said sure.  I took it and then he and Joe posed.  I took another one and thought I had it, but I didn't.  By that time we had walked away and I didn't want to walk all the way back to get it.  It's a shame, because that was really funny the way they were posed.  Oh well, next time.  He says he is there every other week.


Then we headed to Rite Aid.  Joe was looking for a mini three ring binder.  We haven't been able to find it anywhere.  Rite Aid didn't have it either.  But we ended up getting cereal, a journal for me, a birthday gift for my sister, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and a few other things.  I spent a lot of money there, but with my discount card I saved $21.

When we left there we headed for Target which was the only place I had found the binder Joe was looking for.  We were going to get only that and a box of crackers.  Well, you know that didn't happen.  We spent a LOT of money on very nice things.  Cat food was so cheap.  So was the cat litter.  Besides that let me show you some of the things we got.

Last Christmas Joe gave me some of the skinny suede clothes hangers.  We both love them and he keeps taking them back for his clothes.  When I saw these hangers at 5 for $3 I knew we had to get some.

I was looking in the notecard aisle.  They had such nice cards.  I ended up getting the butterfly card and one with my initial on it.


I was in the party aisle looking for either ribbon or washi tape for a DIY project I will show you later this week.  I was really impressed with how things all matched.  And I loved all the birthday stuff they had to choose from.


Our downfall, though, was when we went to get the box of crackers.  The food just called to us.  Such bargains we found although most of it was either what we have been paying at Shop Rite or even more in some cases.

Here's a sampling of what we got.


The Pringles were 3 for $5.  The cookie chips were 2 for $5.  These are put away for our vacation in a couple of weeks.  We like to take snacks with us although sometimes we bring them home unopened.
 

A friend told me about these sandwich thins.  You get the satisfaction of bread but without the bulk or calories.  I am trying hard to cut down on carbs, so thought I would try these.  They are wonderful!  So tasty and filled me up as much as a regular piece of bread would.  These are definitely a go to product for me from now on.
 

We have loose song sheets at church that are getting mixed up and lost.  I picked these up to use for the sheets.  They are just folders, but I have some clips I can use to hold the papers in.  I will take the sheets home and put these together this week.  We are hoping to make a little chorus booklet.
 

Here are the notecards I got along with some patriotic pencils.  Twelve pencils for $1.  I took a jar we had in the kitchen and made it into a pencil holder.  It looks so cute.
 

I also got these gel clings for my window.  Too late for Fourth of July but they will keep until next year.  I also use them to decorate the inside of my back door.  But they would look good on the front door too.

To top it off I got my Julep box today when I got home.


Inside was a powder highlighter, a pretty lipstick called "Primrose" (I love the color) and five nail polishes.  There was also an orange slice candy which I promptly ate because it is my all time favorite.  Yum!  The best part is this box was free because I had collected enough points from the other things I had bought over the last few months.


Besides loving the color, I also love the case to this lipstick.  The ends are magnetic so after you use it when you go to close it, it just snaps together.  

After all of that I made chicken salad sandwiches for dinner from a leftover rotisserie chicken we had the other night and the left over salad from yesterday.  I added a half of a mango we got at Target to the salad.  Oh my it was SO sweet and good.  I could have sat there and just eaten the mango and nothing else.

But now it's late and there is church tomorrow.  Thanks for coming along with me on my day.  Until later...

Kathy 

9 comments:

  1. What a busy day! Seems like you had a lot of fun. And such treasures you found! Food,decorations...I really like the party aisle at Target. The way the coordinates are displayed makes you want to have a party! Like the idea of a chorus notebook. It was great spending the day with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to get to do so much, but bad for Joe. He is much worse today (in a lot of pain and feels as if he will be sick) and can't go to church. I think he overdid it yesterday. But it's good for him to get out of the house now and then.

      Delete
  2. That was fun to go shopping with you yesterday. You certainly find a lot of good bargains. I am sorry that Joe is feeling badly this morning. I will pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. He wants to go to church so badly especially since he was going to be the only elder there. Since we still have no pastor (it's been a year now) we have guest speakers each week. The elder who is speaking today comes from Reading an hour and a half away. But at least he has been there many times and can carry the service without help.

      Delete
  3. I need to go shopping with you!
    You find the best bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about shopping the $1-$3 aisles. And looking for the word "clearance". My sister taught me that word. Ha, ha! You should go shopping with her! She's a shopper.

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a good day out with Joe along with you! I seem to find bargains as I shop as well, like I did yesterday grocery shopping. Soup and chopped canned tomatoes, 2 each, for my pantry stash. Megan and I are going to a lavender farm this afternoon. Tis that season here, even though it's chilly today with a bit of breeze. Interesting weather for July! Good deal on all your veggies and fruits at the farm. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lavender! Anything lavender. Wish we had a lavender season. It sure isn't chilly here. I just turned my air conditioner down to 70. Right now it's 84* but feels like 86*. It was up to 90* so it has cooled off some.

      Delete
  5. You guys made a haul!!!! I LOVED the video snippets!!!
    I spend a lot when I go to Target too. That's Amber's FAVORITE store!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.