Friday, July 22, 2016

A HAIRCUT AND OTHER THINGS

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a great day.  I got a lot done today and I am hurting badly but I refuse to give in and I just keep on going.  I'm going to take some aspirin when I get off of here and I'll feel much better in about a half hour.  It takes down the inflamation.

First of all I want to show you a picture of the great meal I made last night.  It was Fish Fry coated cod fillets with a salad and Italian dressing.  It was so good.


I bought three new tops and two of them came yesterday.  I decided to wear one right away.  I thought I was ordering three tunics, but found there were only two tunics.  The other one was a striped oversized t-shirt.  But I love it and I'm so glad I got it.  I wore it with my new aqua capris and it was very cool.  


I had to wear something cool because it got up to 91*F (33*C).  Of course it felt much hotter than that.  Today it got up to 95*F (35*C) and felt like 109*F (43*C). And there's no end in sight until next Saturday.  Not Saturday tomorrow, Saturday next week.  It will be so great here for the DNC starting Monday.  (That's sarcasm.)  There are already plans being made to help the expected protestors and to take the homeless people to air conditioned shelters.

Because of the heat, I was so glad that I had made an appointment to get my hair cut today.  It felt like a blanket on my neck and back.  So here is a before picture:


And here is after:


I just love it.  I always get a good cut with Deb.  I have another appointment for September 9th to get it trimmed again.

I went and visited my friend Paulette yesterday.  She is cleaning out her house and has a bunch of office supplies which she is donating to the church I attend.  That is so nice of her!  I stayed a couple of hours and we had such a nice talk.  I really have to stop over more often.

I had three cartons and two bags of office supplies in the car and had to get rid of them.  I knew I couldn't move them into the church by myself, so I asked my friend Donna B. if she could help me.  She said sure.  I went and picked her up and we went to church together.  It took us two trips to get everything in there.

When we were finished we went to lunch at Chick-fil-A.  I got grilled chicken nuggets and a large iced tea.  And I drank that iced tea right down.  Even though it was cold in the restaurant, I was so dehydrated.  And no, I did not have fries.  Those were Donna's.  I am being so good on my new way of eating.


After we ate, we headed for Shop Rite to do our weekly food shopping.  I am finding it is much easier on me to do a small shopping once a week rather than a large shopping once a month.  I have so much trouble walking these days that having a short list and getting through things quickly works for me.

The Chobani flips were on sale for 10 for $10.  So I got 10.  Donna wanted to try them and she got 5.  They had my Almond Coco Loco so I got 3 of those!  I got 3 Salted Caramel, 2 Chocolate Hazelnut and 2 Peanut Butter.  This is one happy girl.

I also got 90 calorie cereal bars and a bunch of bananas for my mid afternoon snack.  I don't think I've lost any weight, but Donna looked at me when I picked her up today and asked if I had lost because she said I looked thinner.  I'll take it!

Tonight I made macaroni and cheese for dinner and had some broccoli.  Joe loves my mac and cheese and I think it is pretty good myself.  I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe.  Ever since I began using it, there is never any leftovers.

And now I have to run.  There is so much to do.  Always.  Have a good evening everyone.

Kathy



 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new haircut! It's really cute. All the food sounds so yummy. Glad you were able to get Donna to help you with the office supplies. What a generous person!
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feel of a good haircut. Yours looks great.
    Keep going on the diet. You can do it. The pounds drop all at once so be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haircut. I need to get mine trimmed soon too. I wear mine pulled up which easier for me to contend with on work mornings. I try not to eat many fries. I had a burger and iced tea last week. No fries makes for a cheaper meal. Money and calorie wise. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.