Monday, June 20, 2016

THE GARDEN ON THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER


They really aren't.  Especially when you are retired.  I am so enjoying not having to go to work on these beautiful summer days.

I finally got a chance to cut the grass the other day and the yard is looking good again.  I want to get out there a little later and do some reading.

In the meantime, I thought I'd show you how some of the things are looking.  I didn't get a picture of the tomatoes and fairy garden again.  I have to do some weeding before the fairies turn me in for being a slum lord.  But here are some other shots for you to see.


My lilies.
 

Geraniums.  So pretty.
 

My neighbor has day lilies.  They are a lighter orange than mine are.
 

 My hydrangea.


I took my shepherd's crook and hung little cages with tea lights in them.  They are so pretty at night.
 

They are battery operated so there's no chance of a fire.
 

Looking good since the grass got cut.
 

Roses.  So pretty.
 

The solar butterfly and impatiens.  I thought they had died, but they are starting to come back.
 

I really love these little lights.
 

Some strange man came into the yard and sat down.  He said his name was... Joe was it?
 

Such a pretty sunset on Friday.  I love the gold in the clouds.

Hope you enjoyed the tour.  Have a good day and try to get outside and enjoy this summer while it's here.

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Your sunset picture is spectacular!
    Backyard is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've worked hard on your garden, and it's looking all ship-shape on this first day of summer.
    Love all the flowers, and those little tea lights are precious....
    Such a beautiful sunset, and a man with my namesake, who wouldn't love that ...lol
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tea lights! The yard really reflects all your hard work. Now take time to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathy, I am stealing your Sheppard hook tealight idea .. that is fabulous.. all your flowers are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your garden is coming along very nicely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.