Thursday, June 16, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #27

May 30
I received a lovely surprise today, one that really lifted my spirits! Megan stopped by after work with a huge poster board card that the children had created with get-well wishes throughout. I was starting to lose my usual positivity despite all problems this afternoon when I noticed that all too familiar ache in the lower back toward the left. I fear another stone is floating around, ready to make an appearance. Stiffness and pain have returned to the neck and throat now that the steroid treatment is finished.  Megan's arrival with that wonderful poster card really helped to turn the darkening mood around. Her bag of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry Squares didn't hurt, either! I am blessed. Sometimes I forget that! 

2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful thing to do! I guess a lot of us don't realize how a phone call,card or some small gesture can make such a difference in someone's day. Call me an oddball,but now when I see someone with a cute hat,tote bag (or whatever) that I tell them! I also thank bus drivers. That may be the only kind word some people hear....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel badly Kathy, I think we all forget to count our blessings at times. Even if some thing isn't so good at the time, good may come from it...Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.