Wednesday, May 4, 2016


It has been quite a time since we got back from the Conference.  Basically both Joe and I are not feeling well, but limping on until today when we both gave up.

I had gotten a refill of my thyroid medication right before I left.  But I still had a few pills in my old bottle so that's the one I took with me.  The day after I came home I took the last one in the old bottle and threw it away.  Then I went to get the new bottle out.  And I couldn't find it.  I searched everywhere and it was no where to be found.

Joe found an older prescription on the kitchen table.  It was 100 mcg and I now take 112 mcg but I figured something was better than nothing while I looked for the new ones, so I took that for several days until I finally found the new ones yesterday.

I was OK the first day, a little tired the second day, and have slept almost non-stop since then.  Today I didn't even get showered and dressed!  I am hoping to get my energy back once the new dosage kicks in.  But from experience I know it takes about a week.

Well at least I'm catching up on my sleep!

Joe has another upper respiratory infection.  He is feeling miserable, running a fever, pain in his sinuses and chest, and an upset stomach.  He has promised me to go to the doctor tomorrow.

Oh my, we are falling apart!  And May is such a busy month!  Joe preached on Sunday and I taught my class yesterday but what a time we had doing it.

After Bible Study yesterday Debbie, Donna and I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  I was feeling too tired to even care.  I think I said about 5 words the whole lunch.  On the way home Donna asked me if I was OK because I was so quiet and Debbie carried the whole conversation.

When I got home I went to bed and slept for four hours.  I just got up after sleeping for three hours now.  I'm going to get something to eat and then go back to bed.  Joe doesn't even want dinner.

So please pray for us.  We both need to get well fast because there's a LOT going on.

Have a good night.

Our rainy overcast sky at 8 p.m.



  1. Aww, I'm so sorry to read you are both poorly. Rest as much as you are able, and if Joe needs to see a doctor, then I would call and make the appointment. URI progress fast, if he needs medicine to overcome it, then it's best on the front end.
    I was coming down with bronchitis after my broken heel surgery, happily the nursing staff recognized it, and gave me breathing treatments before it took hold.
    Wishing you both speedy recoveries.

    1. He has these infections all the time. The last time the doctor wouldn't give him any medication because he was taking antibiotics every six weeks. Glad you had such good nurses to recognize your symptoms before you got sick.

  2. Oh Sweetie! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you both a quick and full recovery, with good rest and energy and renewed spirits for all that good work that you both do.


    1. Thank you, Rachel. There is something going on almost every day in May. I need to get my energy back.

  3. Sorry to hear....prayers & love for healing. woof

  4. oh no,,, I hope you feel better soon,,

    1. Thank you, Laurie. I just have to get these pesky hormones balanced.

  5. It's hard to function when you don't feel well!!! Prayers for you both!!!

  6. Sorry to hear you are both under the weather. Praying you all feel better very soon!


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.