Friday, May 27, 2016

A GLIMPSE OF PHILLY

Time for another glimpse of Philly.


Well, they aren't Beagles.


This is scrapple.  A Philadelphia delicacy.  Mostly it's fried like this and served at breakfast.  It is called scrapple because it is made from -- well, uh, scraps left over from other pork products.  Like...  well, ears, snout, etc.  You either love it or hate it.  I'm not fond of it although I eat it, but Joe and my sister love it.  It doesn't taste bad at all.  I just don't like the texture.


Let's end with something a little prettier -- downtown Philly.  It really is a pretty city.

And that's it for this time.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Love scrapple! Did you know Barry Manilow had a beagle named Bagel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you my scrapple. Ha, ha! No, I didn't know that about Barry Manilow.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this before,, the city is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love the Philly picture. No, no way do I ever want any of that scrapple stuff... Wishing you and Joe a great weekend, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like it. We begin eating it as very young children so I guess we don't know the difference. It tastes good, I just don't like the texture.

      Delete
  4. I love Scrapple! I had Kim try it once. When she asked me what was in it I said "cornmeal, mostly cornmeal" :) She's not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you're right. It is mostly cornmeal. Msybe that's why I'm not a fan either.

      Delete
  5. Oh! My dad loved scrapple and I hated it...still hate it. It is the texture that I can't stand. BUT I will eat potted meat which just grosses all my kids out. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the texture for me too, not the taste so much. I've never tried potted meat but it doesn't sound appetizing.

      Delete
  6. So now we know how to speak like YOU!!! BEG-uls!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.