Wednesday, April 20, 2016

THE WEDNESDAY GARDEN

It is a beautiful day!  Finally the weather is sunny and warm.  Joe and I headed out to do some errands and ended up at Home Depot.  While he got boring men stuff (like hardware), I headed for the plants.  I loved seeing everything and so much was on sale.  I gathered up a bunch of stuff and met him to check out.  We headed home and I went outside to plant things.  I have a bad habit of buying plants and saying, "Oh I'll plant them later." Not this time.  They went right into their new homes.

I got out my new spades and cultivator and went to work breaking up the soil in the pot and getting rid of all the weeds.

I got these pretty pink pompom geraniums for the pot.

I know they will get bigger over the summer and fill the pot.  Even if it does look a little sparse right now.

I got four Dusty Millers and eight Marigolds for each hanging pot.  I wasn't sure how they would look,  but I love it.

It turned out really good.  I like the way they look sort of wild and not planted. on purpose.

Another look at the geraniums.  So pretty!

I got both pots filled and hanging.

This will fill out a little more too as the spring and summer wear on.  I hope.

My favorite place in the garden to sit.  Not the best picture of me.  I've put on a lot of weight, but what you see is what you get.
 There is still a lot to do in the yard.  The grass needs mowing.  The patio needs cleaning.  The dead plants need removing.  The ivy needs cutting back.  But it's a start.  And I'm liking it very much.

Kathy

18 comments:

  1. Looks pretty to me. You must be past the frost date there. We are still a month away. Since we have had some wonderful days, it seems like it should be now. Im impressed you garden in a dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear dresses a lot. Cold weather it's all pants. Warm weather it's dresses. I like them because they are so comfy. At least to me.

      Delete
  2. Everything has a place to start and you took the first steps and it is looking really good!! I planted Dusty Miller at the end of our driveway! I have a HUGE bunch of it growing from a POT by the front den windows! I'll have to take a picture of it! It is HUGE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Dusty Miller for many years and then it all died. I'm glad I found some for a really reasonable price. Maybe I can keep it over the winter.

      Delete
  3. Hey what are you doing gardening in your dress...you are not Amish. LOL. I just had to say that Kathy form you telling me in a comment that you wear dresses and some time do garden in them. Bless your heat. I love your dusty miller with the yellow. That stuff is great. Your geraniums are so pretty too. Hope you get to sit out there and enjoy them. Blessing to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I left the r out of heart...for crying in a bucket. Plus I leave letters off here and there. Sorry honey. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I told you I wear dresses more than I do pants. Always have ever since I was a little girl. I just like them better.

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful, sunshine makes such a difference :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful geraniums! I haven't heard of those,, you look so pretty siting in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like buying smaller plants since they are cheaper than bigger ones. They grow! We have a patio full of plants right now. I need to plant my strawberries. Now! Our weather has been quite warm and it might rain tonight. Sky over east is dark with clouds and it's slightly humid. You look nice in your dress of red. I like it! I've not had dusty miller in awhile. My mom used to have them as well. Need to get more. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to buy small plants and put them together the way I like instead of using someone else's idea of what should go together. Hope you get your strawberries in in time. Thanks for liking the dress. I wear dresses a lot.

      Delete
  8. Lovely flowers,lovely you! Enjoy! woof

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.