Monday, April 18, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #20

Remember my friend Marianne's robin from last time?  Here's an update.
 
May 19
I love this time of day when everything seems still, no one is out, and I watch the birds flying from tree to tree and the gentle breezes ruffling the downy heads of the dandelions that have grown ancient. Everything seems so peaceful. I was sitting on my glider just communing with the universe, when all at once, guess who appeared! The robin! Flew to the fig tree which I had just prayed over (will explain another time) and then turned its head and looked at me, warbling something. Then it flew to the fence, faced my direction, hopped along the fence for a while, looked at me once more, flew to the roof of the duplex in the back which I faced and surveyed me from the roof. I just came in and the robin flew away. Weird, isn't it? 

 Image result for robin

3 comments:

  1. I know about. the stillness. When my husband & I get off the bus,we have a 15 min walk to church. It's always so quiet...you hear the breeze,the birds.He & I can have an easy conversation that we don't get to have during the hectic work week. Does the heart good. Love your tree & robin! woof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Hope you and Joe are well. The robin was probably people watching...you know like we watch them. LOL> Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.