Friday, April 22, 2016

I TOOK A BREAK FROM GARDENING TODAY




It was another wonderfully sunny day.  But I didn't see much of it.  I slept most of the day.  I needed it, I guess.

Last night Joe's nephew came over to cut our grass.  He is a gardener/landscaper who is currently out of work.  We hired him for the whole season.  He and I walked around the yard and we discussed what needed to be done, identified different plants (finally someone who knows a weed from a plant), and got a plan to clean up everything.

Look how nice the yard looks now.


And it's only going to get better as the summer goes on.
 

I just noticed that you can see how swollen my leg is today.  That's what happens if I'm on it too much.  It's painful too.

But I didn't garden today because last night I pulled a muscle in my back that went under my arm and around to my stomach.  So my back, side and stomach all hurt.  The problems with getting old.  I just got one back muscle feeling good and another one goes.

We had some errands to run so Joe and I ended up at IHOP for lunch.  Breakfast for us.  It was good and our waitress was excellent!  But as usual the food did not agree with me.  I figured I'd give it one more chance, but no luck.  Even down in Tennessee I had the same problem.  I guess no IHOP for me anymore.


  
And now it's off to make dinner.  Flounder, fries and yellow squash with onions and mushrooms.

Have a good night everyone.  And happy Earth Day.



Kathy

14 comments:

  1. the garden looks great,, I have never been to Ihop, they don't have them around here,, I hope you feel better soon,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an OK place, but I've been to better. Thanks, I just want all the pain to go away.

      Delete
  2. your garden is lovely. praying you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks ship-shape !
    There is always something to take care of, I have to pace myself since I've gotten older :)
    Hope you get feeling better real soon !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. You're right about always having something to do. Hope you are feeling better too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you sweet friend, I'm getting stronger by the day :)
      I hope your friend who is in the same boat as me, is fairing well, and feeling better too.
      Hugs,
      ~Jo

      Delete
  4. Wonder what it is at IHOP? Do you always get the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they use a lot of butter in their cooking and I am allergic to dairy. That's the only thing I can figure. I've had pancakes, eggs, fish and chips, chicken and always the same thing.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking good, I bet you'll enjoy it over the summer. I find home cooking is always the best as you know what goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I like to eat out, with all my food allergies it's safer and easier to eat home. Since I like to cook that makes it better. I do spend time outside when the weather is nice.

      Delete
  6. Your garden looks so pretty! Sorry to hear that you're hurting & praying you'll feel better soon.I did notice in your photos that you seem happier,more peaceful,in your garden. Maybe find even a few minutes to sit out each day. I sometimes even stand for a few minutes when there is a gentle rain. Love the sound of drops on leaves! woof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to spend hours in the yard when the weather is nice. But I have to spend time inside too to get this house in shape. I'm trying to get a lot of things out of here.

      Delete
  7. We gad a nice breakfast that was a fundraiser and it was so good. Sorry to hear that IHop and you don't agree, stomach wise. Bummer. I don't like it when that happens either. Phil and I did a bit of errands after the breakfast and back home and am working on things, like mixing up cookies and vacuuming and getting strawberries planted. Hope your garden grows well. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.