Thursday, March 10, 2016

A GLIMPSE OF PHILLY

Thought I would start something new and every once in awhile give you a glimpse of Philadelphia.  Hope you enjoy these now and then pictures.

 Image result for jimmies
Yes, Jimmies.  None of that "sprinkles" stuff for us.

 Related image
12th and Market Streets in 1955.

 Image result for elfreth's alley
Elfreth's Alley -- the oldest continually inhabited street in the United States.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!  Have a wonderful day.  I'll be back tomorrow with a whole post for you.  I'm just so busy these days.  Life happens.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love the photos...that will be interesting to see more of your pictures. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them. I joined a Philly site that has some cool photos that I will share.

      Delete
  2. We've been on the Pittsburgh side, and hope to visit Philly someday. All that HISTORY---can't imagine walking those old stone streets, where such plans were made, and such heroes trod. I always think the buildings must smell of old paper and leather and ink from quills and great ideas.

    Were you born in the city?

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I've lived here all of my life. My family has been here since the 1700s.

      Delete
    2. Great photos! As a native Philly girl I have a tendency to take these for granted.It's nice to see them in a different light. Thanks Kathy! woof

      Delete
    3. It is so easy to take things for grad Ted when you live with them every day. Glad you liked the pictures.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.