Monday, June 15, 2015

THE WEEKEND

It's been quite a good weekend this week.  I was not looking forward to working on Saturday, but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun.  I enjoyed seeing some of the people I used to work with, getting caught up with them and others that weren't there.  I liked having an easier day.  I had forgotten that it wasn't as stressful with more people to help you out.  I really did enjoy my 8 years working there.

As you can see, it's much larger than the Richmond Library where I usually work.  There are four floors and six departments in the building.
This is the view from the balcony on the top floor.  On the bottom is the Humanities Department, the middle section is Magazines and Newspapers, on the top is Social Sciences and Technology.
This is the Children's Department which is on the lower level.

They had a Summer Reading Program kickoff party on Saturday.  It was a Mad Hatter Tea Party and the Children's Librarian read them part of Alice in Wonderland as they sipped on iced tea and ate little sandwiches and cupcakes.  How nice!






I was on the front desk at noon time and the first people I waited on were three of my regular customers from Richmond.  We greeted each other and they said they didn't expect to see me at Northeast.  I laughed and told them I was everywhere and they couldn't escape.  They were concerned that I might have been transferred, but I told them it was just for the day and I would see them at Richmond on Monday.  That just started my day off right.

Sunday was such a beautiful day.  But another hot one.



I had bought all these blueberries on Friday so decided to make lemon blueberry bread for our church's Coffee Hour.




Everyone loved it.  I had two pieces left which I brought home to Joe who didn't go to church this morning.

I took some pictures of the people before the service started to show Joe who was there.  He misses it if he can't get there.





And I took a short video of the Praise Band for him which I'll share with you also.

Of course being as it was Flag Day I decorated the front of the house before I left this morning.




I had plans to do so much today, but I was in so much pain that I took some medicine and it put me right out.  I slept the day away.  Oh well, I guess I needed it.

So now it's back to work today.  I wonder how things will be since it is the first day of our Summer Reading Program.  I hope all goes well.

I'd better finish the dishes and wash and get some sleep.  Until later...

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Glad your Saturday at the other library went well. I stayed home today from church as I didn't feel like going anywhere even though I was almost ready to go. Got some things accomplished today. We've had warm days and no rain. Been watering plants every other day, since we might be going into drought conditions if we don't get some rain soon. Get to feeling better and thanks for sharing the music from church. love it that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the Tea Party! Bet the kids had a blast!Your lemon /blueberry cake looks delicious....
    Glad all went well at the library. This heat is really icky.It's not really the heat,but the humidity.
    The flags look great. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to see old friends and places. Your bread looks yummy and bet it was too! Sorry you werent feeling well, and hope you get better soon. It was 92 here yesterday and the humidity is out of sight! Summer, ah how we love thee. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice looking library, Kathy, and glad you renewed old friendships. The tea party sounded like a great way tingrab kid's reading attention. Hope you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.