Friday, June 12, 2015

HOSPITAL DAY

I am working this Saturday (the last one for the season) so I took today as my day off.  It was a good thing too because I did a lot of running around.

We started off going to Joe's doctor appointment at the Veterans' Hospital.

 

His appointment was for 8:30 a.m. and we got into the doctor's office at 9:15 a.m.  So typical.  While we were waiting, we were seated on a sofa with a coffee table in front of us.  There was this beautiful flower arrangement in front of us.  What I liked about it was that it had a piece of raffia running off of it that was attached to a little bird nest with a robin blue egg in it.  I thought it was so cute so got a picture of it.


Joe's appointment went really well.  I like the department head of the movement clinic very much.  He always checks in before we leave.

After we left the hospital we decided to have breakfast.  We had to be there so early that I was not able to eat before we left.  We went back and forth on where to go and finally ended up with Andy's Deli.

 

They used to be located in the corner of this mall, but they recently moved to this location.  I like this a lot better.  It's more spacious and much cleaner.  And decorated so cute.  This is the first time we have been in their new place.  I know we'll be back.  Everyone there knows us and it's fun to go in.  The food is good too.  I bought some chicken vegetable soup to bring home for dinner but it was way too hot for soup tonight.

 We stopped at home for about an hour and then headed for my doctor's appointment at Aria Hospital.





My appointment was for 1:00 p.m.  We got there about 3 minutes late, but found parking right away.  That was a miracle.  Usually I have to valet park because there is nothing around.  We had good parking at the VA Hospital too.  Hmm...

I didn't get seen by the doctor until almost 2:30 p.m.  Why do doctors do this?  Is our time not important?

Anyway, I had a really good report from the doctor and don't have to see him again until December.

It was really hot today.  Up to 93*.  Not having air conditioning in the car stinks.  It is so hot to drive.  As soon as I get the money I will get it fixed.  In the meantime I'm glad I don't have to drive too far to get to work.

We did get the air conditioning unit in the living room today.  It feels so much better in here.  I guess summer is really here.  Well, it will be in a week.

So back to work tomorrow.  Two more days, a day off, and then I start my Monday through Friday weeks.  Can't wait.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. Yay for parking spaces & good doctor reports! The flower is kinda cute,the nest made it special. I know you're looking forward to having Saturdays off. The heat is really something. Russ gets me up early & I was able to get my dogs walked & home before it was too hot.
    Stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you - in this little heat wave. Glad to hear of your good reports and yeah for parking places.

    I'm always finding myself praying - unaware - because when I find a parking place.. I'll catch myself saying out loud. Thank you, Jesus!! The only reason - I realized I do this or that I say this out loud .. is that my three year old in the back seat had started to proclaim that as well. It clued me in!! :)

    Our God is so good!! even in the little things... such as a parking spot.

    Blessings to you this day and on into the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you both got good reports from your doctors. Parking is always a problem it seems, so glad to hear you had good spots. It is definitely summer in Tennessee....too hot for this 'old gal'! Enjoy your livingroom AC and hopefully you can get it in the car soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working Monday thru Friday, what a treat!
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when the parking angel is riding with me! I once waited three and half hours to see my rheumatologist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everything is good... Yay for parking spots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad things are going good in your health area and parking too! Can you just add some freon in your a/c for your car? Sometimes that's all you need. I made progress on gathering photos for a photo book. I got my hair trimmed today and it looks nice. Gotta go think about making some dinner and dry our sheets. Take care and have a good weekend, my dear! Blessings to you both! :0}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.