Wednesday, June 10, 2015

FINDING A NEW WAY

It's not really new.  I always knew this street existed.  In fact, I learned to drive on Lewis Street and Delaware Avenue.  But until recently Delaware Avenue has not been a street I wanted to drive on.  It had speed bumps.  It had potholes.  Big ones.  It had trash and was hard to follow.

I knew it had been worked on.  I went around the detour enough times.  And Joe had told me many times that I should take it to work and cut off some of the traffic and stop signs. I did try it once or twice, but the road was so bad I just didn't want to do it.

Yesterday, however, for some reason I turned off of my regular route and went down Lewis Street and headed for Delaware Avenue.  As you might imagine, Delaware Avenue runs alongside of the Delaware River.  The trash department has a facility on one side and the Tioga Marine Terminal is on the other. 

 

It doesn't look like much, does it?  But after you pass this building you get to see the river and the ships.  The ships dock right there and unload their cargo.


 

 




I made it to work in 8 minutes yesterday.  Much faster than my usual 20 minute drive.  And it is so relaxing.  There is almost no traffic and no stop signs or traffic lights.  I took it home too and made the same time.  It was nice to leave the hustle and bustle of the library and the traffic of the city streets and for just 5 minutes drive beside the river and soak up the beauty of it.  (Can you tell I love the river?)

 




Guess how I'm going back and forth to work from now on.

Kathy








5 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos! I'd be taking that way to & from too. What a beautiful way to unwind....and such a time saver! Enjoy the view.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow water seems calming to me....be it the river, a waterfall or creek. So glad you found a better way to and from work, and can enjoy the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love your river pictures. I am all for little or no traffic...traffic makes me plain nuts anymore. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to drive to work! I cannot wait til the overpass is all finished. I travel over it every day to work. It has been a bit annoying, especially people who do not look at the signs for directions and others that are careless! Night paving will be over near end of month. I travel to my dentist through the country and I love it! Especially when Mt Hood is out and covered with snow! Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.