Monday, May 4, 2015

FLOWERING TREES

A part of spring that I really love is looking at all the flowering trees.  A part of spring that I really hate is all the flowering trees make my allergies go crazy (even with taking my medication).  But in any case flowering trees are all around and I thought I'd show you a couple of them today.

These white trees are in front of the library.  I don't know what they are but they stink to high heaven.  But they're pretty!



In front of church is a flowering dogwood (Pennsylvania's state tree) which I just love.  I take pictures of it each year.  Yesterday it was finally fully blooming.




Saturday and yesterday it was in the 80s and beautiful.  I even opened the windows in the house to let the fresh air in and hung my clothes out to dry.  Today it is cold!  Comparatively speaking anyway.  Yesterday tank top; today sweatshirt.

This has not been the best weekend.  Joe and I have both spent it battling a stomach virus.  *sigh*  I'm still not 100% but hoping to make it through the day at work today.  

I did get my Sunday afternoon nap in though.  I used to do that all the time, then stopped.  I just started doing it again the other week and realized how much I missed it and how much better I feel for it even a day later.  Isn't it funny how as kids we hated naps and as adults we love them?

My esophagus is doing spasms again too.  I guess it's time to go for the endoscopy.  I put it off when Joe fell all those times and needed help.  He's better now so it's probably the time.  I have so many doctor appointments to make.  I must be getting old.

I'm trying again to take pictures at 8:30 p.m.  It's hard to do it every day for a month and I already missed last night.  But here's May 1 and 2.  Let's see how well I do.  I'm hoping to see it get lighter and lighter as we head toward the first day of Summer.

So dark.  Oops it says 7:22 p.m. but it was really 8:22.  I guess I didn't change the time on my camera.  It was very cloudy that day.

This is better.  By coincidence it was also 8:22 p.m.  You can even see the sun between the buildings.  This is what happens when it's not cloudy.
 So it's off to get ready for work.  See everyone later.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Hope you can get that dr. appt. soon and feel better. Have a great Monday with lots of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love your pictures so much. I hope you get your scoping and it goes well. I am having one on the twelveth. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope all goes well with your scope. I love those trees too.

      Delete
  3. Love, love the trees!
    Sure sign of Spring when the trees are in full bloom.

    Glad to hear Joe is better and I hope you get in to see about your esophagus.
    Then take another Nap! That sounds so good right now, ZZzzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my naps. Wish I could take one every day.

      Delete
  4. The trees are so pretty! Allergies are a bummer....Hope you can get an appointment soon & get things settled.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.