Monday, May 18, 2015

A SATURDAY PUPPET SHOW

I had to work this past Saturday and I'm glad I did because I got to see the puppet show.  We had a puppeteer come in and give a performance for the kids.  He had all different kinds of puppets and showed the kids the difference between them.  Of course he interacted with the audience.  Everyone had a lot of fun.

He showed how anyone could make a puppet out of a paper bag.

There was a dragon who was allowed to have three hugs from the kids but because he couldn't count got a LOT more than three.  "Uh... one, two, forty-eight, sixty-three, one hundred fifty-two, eighty-seven... uh... three!"

And a toucan who bit people's noses, especially the puppeteer's!

Then he did a show of two of Aesop's Fables -- the fox and the sour grapes and the race between the turtle and the hare with a lion being the judge at the finish line.



It was a lot of fun.

Now today I am on my second day of vacation.  I spent the first day, Sunday, being sick.  My left leg swelled up and was painful.  On top of that, everytime I ate I had to run to the bathroom.  I'm glad I went to church on Saturday night because I was in no shape to go Sunday morning.  I spent most of the day laying on the sofa with my leg up.  It's better now.  Still not entirely back to normal, but a lot better.  I haven't eaten yet today, so we will see how that goes when I have breakfast.

I slept in today and it was wonderful.  We are having trouble with the car.  It keeps stalling when I turn on the air.  So I was able to call the garage and make an appointment to take it in on Wednesday.  After I finish this I am getting breakfast, reading my Bible, putting a load of wash in to hang on the line and starting to clean up the living room.  It's wonderful!  I think I am going to love being retired.

When I go out to the yard today I will take some pictures to show you.  I have some roses blooming already.  All this warm weather has fooled them into thinking it's summer.

Before I go, here are some more 8:30 p.m. photos to show you.
Tuesday, May 12

Tuesday, May 12

Wednesday, May 13

Sunday, May 17

Sunday, May 17
 Every day it's a little lighter.

So on with the rest of my day.  I'll be back tomorrow.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Sure hope your leg is better, so dont over-do and hurt it again. Also glad you have time off to recoup. Retirement is wonderful.....we are broke but happy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better. Kinda retired here and hoping that my husband does soon. Car problems here too. One in the auto shop so Hubby drove mine and now there is a problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    I hope that leg starts feeling better at least before your vacation is up.
    Enjoy your vacay ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Kathy. I bet the kids loved the puppet show. :) My granddaughter has made up a show for me before using dolls and things she has made while visiting me. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The puppet show looks like it was a lot of fun....a dragon and a lion! Oh my! Hope your leg heals quickly. Keep it elevated whenever possible:a great reason to be on the sofa. Ha ha!
    Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.