Friday, April 17, 2015

WEDNESDAY AT THE HOSPITAL

Joe finally went for a CT scan on his head on Wednesday.  He still is not feeling well from his falls and it is almost two weeks.  I left work early to be able to take him.

When I got home I helped him get ready and then we took off.  We had to stop at his doctor's office first because he couldn't find his prescription.  I had never been to the hospital where he had to have the test done, so I asked at the doctor's office how to get there.  They told me, but I still got lost.  I was in the wrong lane and when we saw the hospital on the right, I had to turn left!  It didn't help that there was a lot of construction and I couldn't get where I wanted to go.

I finally got to one of the several buildings.  I left Joe in the car and went in.  There was a long hallway and a lot of shut doors to offices.  I finally found an open door and asked the lady behind the desk where I was supposed to be.  Of course I was in the wrong building.  But she gave me excellent directions how to get to the correct one.


We were 15 minutes late getting there, but they still took Joe.  And it didn't take very long at all.  Less than 5 minutes for the test.  Most of the time we were there was spent filling out paperwork!

So we should find out the results either today or Monday.  We are praying and hoping there is nothing wrong.  I know it would give Joe some peace of mind.

I found out on Thursday that apparently after I left there was a big blowup at work between boss man and one of my co-workers.  I am going to try to nip in the bud any future problems by taking on even more of his job.  I have told each of my employees to come to me with problems, not him.  Oh, boy.  I don't know what they are going to do when I retire.

So much more to tell you, but I must end.  I am falling asleep writing this and want to get a couple more hours sleep before getting up for work.  At least it's the last day this week.

Until later...

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got better directions. Will pray for both you & Joe that there are good results. I hope you can resolve the issues at work. But there will always be a person (or two) who just don't get along with others. My question is, "Can't we all agree to disagree & let it go at that?" I had a minor hissy at my volunteer location but ended by apologizing to both parties (2 separate issues). I am trying to be a better reflection of Jesus...
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to not go off on people sometimes. But we must always strive to show Jesus to others. Sometimes we are the only Jesus they will ever see.

      Delete
  2. Hoping and praying the results are good on Joe. Hospitals can be confusing for sure. You are such a good person. Taking on more work, keeping the peace, taking care of your sweetie, church work, and on and on. I dont know how you do it all and on very little sleep. Take good care of yourself, so you can take good care of others. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I do it either, Linda. I'm so tired all the time. I overslept and was an hour late for work today. I hope to get some rest this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hope that you get good results on Joe's tests today. Getting into some of those big hospitals and finding where you need to go is like solving a game of Clue. That is too bad about the boss not getting along with people. That makes it harder on you. Maybe that boss will already be gone by the time you retire. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me laugh, Diana. A game of Clue! How true!!!

      I am hoping to go out early in about 10 months or so. We will see what the future brings, but that's the plan at the current time. I doubt he'll leave before me. Although he did put in for a promotion. Hmm....

      Delete
  4. Well, like the others here, I hope your Joe gets good results for the tests.. its always a worry waiting around for the results.. I hope you are able to rest a bit, being that tired is not healthy for you and you need to be strong if your man is ill.. God bless and keep you and have a great weekend..x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good weekend too, Janzi. He is getting better each day so that is a good thing. I'm going to get some rest this weekend!

      Delete
  5. Kathy, I am praying for Joe and you too honey. I hope the results are something easy to take care of. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Good news on the CT scan. I'll tell everyone in the next post.

      Delete
  6. Praying for test results of the good kind. Yesterday I was just miffed at another co-worker....always needing off early for some reason,or not showing up for work.....I just was troubled in my spirit. Am ok now since Bible study after work was just what I needed. There are so many situations at work that can make person want to leave. But my job is to give the best service and work for Him!!! Rest this weekend and find something enjoyable to do. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. Stopping by to say hello. Thanks for visiting Cozy Blanket. Looks like you need prayers as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.