Sunday, April 12, 2015

THE WEEKEND


The weather has been just so beautiful this weekend.  I was so glad I had both days off from work.  I think the winter is finally over.  I shouldn't say that too loudly or tomorrow I will have to get my heavy coat out again.  There's a little chill in the air, but the sun is shining and the flowers are beginning to poke their heads out of the ground.



Saturday I had planned to attack the kitchen -- scrub it all down.  What did I do?  I slept.  I slept and slept and slept.  Almost all day.  I know I am really tired.  But I think this week did me in with all of Joe's falls.

He finally went to the doctor on Friday and she looked at all his bruises and scrapes.  She agrees his toe is broken and thinks he has a concussion.  There is not much anyone can do except let him heal at this point.  She also changed one of his medications that she thought was too strong and he is doing much better these last few days.

I took Joe with me to choir practice on Saturday.  It's been changed to 5:30 p.m.  We didn't have time to eat first, but had some of the snacks we had there to tide us over.  I made brownies and they turned out so good.

We started practicing a new piece at choir.  It is much harder than the last one, but I've listened to it several times on YouTube so I've now gotten the tune in my head which will make it easier next week.

After practice I went to pick up our friend Dottie for the next big change at church.  We now have Saturday evening church service!  Many people say they cannot make the Sunday morning service because of work or other commitments.  So there is now a contemporary Saturday evening service.  Joe has problems in the morning and often cannot go to church so this is perfect for him.  No one knew how it would go and so we were really happy when 14 people showed up.  That's a good start for a service that was announced just a week ago and has had no advertising.  We expect it to grow as time goes on.  It was very laid back and had more of the newer music.  I really liked it.

Here's a short video of Pastor Justin and Elder Jon practicing before the service.

When we got home we decided to call out for Chinese food.  Instead of getting our usual, I did my version of a dim sum.  I went through the appetizers and we picked four to order.  We got egg rolls, spring rolls, teriyaki beef sticks and steamed dumplings.  It cost about the same as if we had ordered an entree and we were full when we finished eating everything.  It was fun to do it that way and we decided we would do it again next week.

I really went back and forth on whether to go to church this morning or not.  I knew it would be the same message, but there were some references I didn't get last night because I couldn't write that fast and also I really wanted to hear the message again.  It seemed that God was speaking to me about something last night and I wanted to know if I got the same thing out of it again this morning.  (I did but in a different way.)

I left Joe sleeping and went to church.  I was glad I did.  You see different people at the Sunday morning service.  It was not as contemporary as the Saturday evening -- a little more standard and that was good too.

And here's a video of this morning.  It's a little shaky though.  I didn't aim it very well.

Again, today I was going to attack the kitchen but got sidetracked talking on the phone, watching TV, going on the internet and making out my food shopping list.  *sigh*  There was so much I wanted to accomplish this weekend and the only thing I could cross off of my list was paying my bills!  Well, that's something.

Oh wait!  I also finally finished my editing job. It was a much bigger job than I expected it to be.  I am so glad to have that off my shoulders.  And George is so happy to get his book!

Tomorrow is back to work. Friday was such a horrible day that I don't even want to go back.  I'm tired of being yelled at and criticized all the time.  I wish I could just go in and hand in my resignation.  But since that isn't possible just yet, I will try to make the best of it.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I'm praying it is anyway.  I'm trying to be an example to those I work with of how a follower of Christ acts.  But it's so hard sometimes.

So I'm going to go to bed.  5:30 comes pretty quickly.  Good night, everyone!

 

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the recap of your weekend!! We used to attend Saturday night services at our other church. I loved it but the church we have now - and this will be our 'forever' church - is more traditional and we love that too.
    Sleep well, my dear!!! Housework will always be there!!! Forever and ever! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday night services sounds like a great option, especially for you & Joe. Glad you got some rest.Your busy life caught up with you. Loved to see the flowers blooming;my hyacinths are coming up.Congrats on finishing the editing job! Good job!
    Enjoy the sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture of the daffodil was taken in the church yard. I'll show you on Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. From all you do and did, you deserve to sleep, sleep and sleep some more. Our bodies tell us when we just cant go on. Several churches here, especially the Catholic ones have Sat. services. We have the traditional Sunday School, Sunday worship, morning and evening, and Wednesday evenings. I am going to my Sunday School class meeting today at 11:30, so I better get off and get my potato salad ready. Hope today is cool, calm, and no yelling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.