Sunday, April 19, 2015

THE SUNDAY GARDEN

A white and yellow daffodil.
It's back!  It's time for "The Sunday Garden" posts to start again for the spring, summer and fall.  Let's face it, there really isn't much to show you in the winter except for brown grass or tons of snow.

So here are some views of what is happening in the garden.

The chives are back.  Wow are they ever!  And I see some thyme there too.  I have to get out there and weed and fix up the fairy garden.

Pink hyacinths

More pink hyacinths.

Joe's favorite, the daffodils.

I try to plant all different kinds.


This is a tree in the yard next door.  I don't know what kind it is, but I like the white flowers.

The grape hyacinths are all over the yard.  They are pretty to look at but I hate their scent.
 Pretty soon the roses will be out.  Then the yard will smell wonderful.

There is a lot of work to do in the yard.  Too much!  But that's always how it is at the beginning of the season.  It was 82 degrees out yesterday and just beautiful!  I loved being out there.  Today it is cooler but still a lovely day.  I'm so glad spring is finally here!

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. WHAT a difference a few short weeks make!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they? I'm so glad to see some color in my yard!

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are all so beautiful and so springy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Linda. I love sharing my flowers with others.

      Delete
  3. I'm a hyacinth person & LOVE their fragrance! Wish they could capture that in a room spray....but I guess it still wouldn't be the same. Appreciate the view! Looking forward to seeing the fairies again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really have to get out there and get some work done. Hopefully this next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry. There's still a lot of work to do.

      Delete
  6. Kathy, I am fascinated how other parts of the US look for Spring. We are so short of water that I'm beginning to be afraid to water. Enjoy your lovely springtime!! Big hugs!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy....
    Your garden is way ahead of mine!
    Love the daffodils!
    I do believe the last picture is actually Miscari, not Hyacinth....
    Enjoy the rest of your week....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, Amazing photos.
    I love all the color thanks for the inspiration oh did I need that... Now, I want to go plant some flowers or do something in my back yard...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to have a mixture of bulbs and flowers that return every year on their own. It's a surprise something to see what's sprouting. Enjoy your week and this lovely weather! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.