Friday, April 10, 2015

A QUICK NOTE TO CATCH UP


This is the little Easter scene on our communion table at church.  He is risen!

Just a quick note to let you know that I am still here and alive.  It has been quite a week.

On Monday night Joe had another fall in our dining room.  I couldn't get him up.  He was finally able to roll over and crawl to the piano and pull himself up.

I taught the Ladies' Bible Study on Tuesday morning, but ended up staying home from work.  He asked me to stay with him because he wasn't feeling well.

Wednesday I went to work and met the new guy who was transferred to our branch.  He has been with the library for four years as a part time employee and was just made full time.  He seems nice and I think will fit in just fine.  He needs some training, though.  I don't know what they taught him at the other place, but in four years he should know more than he actually does.

I have been coming home at lunch time each day to check on Joe.  I was going to just run an errand yesterday, but when I called to check on him, he asked me to come home because he wasn't feeling well.  

He finally called the doctor and got an appointment for today.  I can't get off from work today because I am training three people.  So our friend Carole is going to take him.  I told her that if he would fall she is NOT to try to get him up, but to get help.  He is a dead weight and she is old enough to be my...  well, my older sister.  I am coming home at lunch time to get him dressed and downstairs to wait for his ride.  I hope the doctor will be able to help him.  At least she will be able to treat his cuts, bruises and broken toes.  Although there is not much you can do for a broken toe other than what I've already done which is tape it to the toe next to it.  I've had enough broken toes to know that one.

We didn't get to Wednesday night Bible Study and Prayer Time.  Pastor Justin emailed me that they didn't have the study, but prayed anyway and mostly prayed for Joe and me.  That means so much to us.  I love my church family.

Yesterday I saw my first robin of the season.  Spring is really here!

So now it's off to get ready for work.  I have Saturday off, so this is the last day of the week for me. I will be glad to stay home tomorrow.  I have the day planned and hope I will be able to stick to my plan.

Before I go, here's a sweet picture of Miss A.  I love the wonder of kids.  They see the world for the first time and it makes me see things differently.


Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. The Easter scene is very pretty. Sorry to hear about Joe.Will keep praying for him and you. Aren't children great in the way they see things? It's so simple for them...Hope all goes well with the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, So sorry to read about all the bad things happening with Joe. I hope you can get some extra help whenever you need it. Miss A is growing...so cute. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you are keeping tabs on Joe. Too bad he is falling so much! Will keep him and you in our prayers. It's hard to have a spouse that's not well and you work as well. That's alot to carry for you. I have a dear friend whose husband's back is pretty much painful all the time and he's not working and she does alot of care outdoors and works full time. So glad to know all have Jesus in their lives and He helps us through it. Stay strong and keep on loving your man!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.