Monday, December 1, 2014

FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT -- THE PROPHET'S CANDLE


The first Sunday of Advent symbolizes Hope with the “Prophet’s Candle” reminding us that Jesus is coming.
 ************
It's so hard to realize that Advent is actually here.  It doesn't seem like Christmas to me at all.  We sang all Christmas carols this morning in service and the church was all decorated, but it seemed strange.  Does anyone else feel this way?

It was my turn to bring breakfast for Fellowship Time before church.  I enlisted Joe's help last night and we made a pumpkin dump cake.  It's so easy and turned out so good.  It's one of my favorite recipes.  I have it on my cooking blog right HERE.

Since I got there early I was able to get pictures of the Hope Philly Band practicing.  They are our worship team.  They used to be called the Praise Band, but we are changing the name of our church to the Hope Philadelphia Church so they changed the name of the band to fit.





This is the table when you first walk into the church.
After church a lot of us stayed around to see Miss A's new trick.




Yes, she's standing.  And not only standing, but walking.  Let the fun begin!  (I love her little Uggs.)

I did a lot of cleaning on Saturday but didn't do a thing on Sunday.  I try to keep Sunday as a day of rest because I think you really do need one.  But now I've got to get busy because there is a LOT to do.  I got only the outside of the house done on Saturday.




So now since I have to get up for work tomorrow and it's after 2 a.m. I really must go to bed.  I've only been able to stay up this long because I slept a lot today.  But it's catching up with me so I'm going to say goodnight and welcome to December.

Kathy

 

3 comments:

  1. No, it doesn't feel like Christmas is close. Part of it (for me) is the weather. This up/down of warm & cold is
    not good. I'm used to at least being chilly though that's not a complaint! Work can be quite chilly!
    Mainly I don't feel that people have the spirit. There seems to be no joy,cheer or happiness. Usually one hears talk about what the children are getting or plans to see family....However as frequently as I've been on the bus,I haven't heard any of that. No talk of 'secret Santas' or meals,visits,surprises....nothing! I miss it...
    It has gotten too commercial. We've forgotten what Christmas is about,the birth of our Lord & Savior. And about love,giving (of ourselves) and sharing. Guess I'll have to start spreading the cheer & see if it'll catch on! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greetings.

    Here in my town Kochi the shops have started displaying decorations, stars, and colorful lights used at homes for Christmas. The sale has not yet picked up momentum. Lovely photos. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.