Monday, November 3, 2014

NOVEMBER PHOTO CHALLENGE #3 -- LEAF

Last night I dropped Joe off at church and then came home to get dinner started.  When I went back to get him I took my camera with me to try to get a picture of a leaf for today's challenge.  We don't have any trees on our property, so to get a picture of a leaf I have to go somewhere there are trees.  There is a beautiful dogwood tree in front of church so that is what I was going to take.

With the time change it is getting dark very early, so I wasn't sure how good of a picture I would get.  As I walked up the handicapped ramp to the front door I looked down and there was this beautiful leaf caught between the boards.  I picked it up and took it with me into the church.  Pastor Justin asked me why I was carrying a leaf and I told him it was for a photo challenge and explained what it was.  I told him it was a leaf from a tulip tree.

When we left I looked all up and down the street and there were no tulip trees on the street.  I don't know where this little leaf came from, but God knew I wanted a pretty leaf and put it just where I would see it.  I'm so thankful that I have a God who cares about even such little things.

So here is the beautiful little tulip tree leaf.  This picture is just about life size.


I'm linking up with Kati at Kati's Little Corner of the World for the November photo challenge.

Kathy
---------------------------------------
Partly Cloudy
High:  60 degrees (average temperature)
Low:  44 degrees (1 degree below average)
Sunrise:  6:31 a.m.
Sunset:  4:56 p.m.
10 hours and 25 minutes of daylight   

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors! God is so good. It's when something like this happens,I wonder who could
    ever doubt He exists?
    Have a beautiful day! Don't forget to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Kathy. Isn't that funny that one little leaf ended up right there? Don't you wish you knew how far it had traveled to be there for your picking? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I'm glad God provided the leaf you needed. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kathy. Some times I will pick up a pretty leaf when walking....just carry it for a while enjoying it's beauty. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty leaf! I love how there are several different colors in the one leaf. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.