Tuesday, October 21, 2014

OCTOBER PHOTO CHALLENGE #21 -- CALM

I got up very early today and tried to get a lot of things done before I had to leave for Bible Study.  It backfired on me, though, because I fell asleep again before I was finished getting ready.  When I woke up it was late and I rushed to get there in time.  I just made it.

We studied Jonah chapter 2 today.  What insights these ladies have!  I always feel that I am learning from them as much as they learn from me.

Even work was better today.  Someday I will actually complete everything I have to do on my list.  But I'm getting there.

Today's photo challenge has the topic of calm.  There were many things that ran through my mind.  I went through my photos for over an hour trying to piece something together.  Finally I decided on this.


I think when the sun is just setting, dusk is just starting and the comforts of home beckon after a long day at work is one of the calmest times of the entire day.  This picture was taken as I came out of work one day.  The sunlight was perfect and I just had to capture it.  You can see the skyscrapers of Center City in the background.  If I would drive a few miles in that direction, there would be lots of noise and traffic.  My drive a few miles in the opposite direction brings me to the peace and quiet of my home.

And now it's time for bed.  Have a good night everyone.

I'm linking up with Kaitlin at Homemaker Design for this October photo challenge.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I just dropped by for a quick visit before I go to bed!! Good choice in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo. I appreciate your statement that 'a few miles' in either direction can change the entire
    perspective...It's so true. When there's a traffic delay or schedule glitch I try to picture being home at the end of the day & it will be a thing of the past.
    Let's enjoy the sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love your picture. That is one of my favorite times of day...I also love the very start of sunrise. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!! At first I thought your picture was of an early sunrise - another calm time of day - before the rush and busyness of the world gets going!

    This sleep thing is bad eh? I hope they get your meds figured out soon so you can be more normal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.