Friday, October 3, 2014

OCTOBER PHOTO CHALLENGE #2 -- LUNCHTIME

I had quite a lunchtime yesterday.  Here is where I spent it.


I started feeling bad at work on Tuesday.  Got a really bad sore throat.  So on Wednesday I stayed home and tried to go to the doctor.  I was running a fever by then and my nose was all stuffy besides the sore throat.  The doctors were not in and the staff refused to give any of them a message.  So I went to the Minute Clinic at CVS pharmacy.

The nurse practitioner there gave me a test for strep throat which came back negative.  So she gave me prescriptions for a nasal spray and a gargle.  I went to the pharmacy and they didn't have either of the medications in and told me I would have to come back on Thursday.  O.... K....!

Yesterday I felt even worse.  The fever went up to 102* and kept climbing.  Joe called the doctor and they said they could see me in two weeks.  So I went to the Emergency Room.  I got there around 12:00 noon and left around 5:00 p.m.  I got a test for flu and mononucleosis.  Also a chest x-ray for pneumonia.  Everything came back negative.  So the doctor said it was a severe upper respiratory infection and gave me a z-pack and a decongestant.  I was told to come back if I was not better by Monday and was told I did the right thing to come in.  The doctor said not to take what the Minute Clinic gave me that it wouldn't help me.  Next time I will not try to save money, just go right to the ER.

Well in spite of all that I am doing my October Photo Challenge even though it is a day late.  (I was in no shape to do it yesterday.)  Yesterday was a Thursday and on my late days (Tuesday and Thursday) I usually do not get a lunch break.  I go into work at 11:30 a.m. and get out at 8:00 p.m.  My lunch break is 6:00 p.m.  And even on my early days when I get lunch at 1:00 p.m. I usually just go out and get something and bring it back to my desk and keep working.  So here's what my weekday lunchtime looks like:


I've been working on it so the desk isn't quite as messy these days.

Hope you all have a good day.  I'll be sleeping.  I'll post again with Day 3 of the photo challenge tonight.

I'm linking up with Kaitlin at Homemaker Design for this photo challenge.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Kathy, When you work with the public, you are there for all the sniffles, sneezes, coughs, and colds going around...don't you think? I avoid hospitals when it's that season. Hope you are feeling much better. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!! Kathy!! What a day... for you... and what the run-around!

    I'll be praying for you... alot! Thanks for sharing and rest when you can, for sure!! That book lying there in the front looks interesting...Bathsheba?? You'll have to tell us about it,sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- You poor thing!! I am so sorry that you are dealing with this, Kathy. I hope that you are all better before the weekend is over. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's terrible!! I hate going to the ER!! You have to wait forever!! I liked how you shared your actual lunchtime photo and your usual work day one...though neither looks all the fun!

    And hey - I appreciate the dedication to the challenge - just make sure you get plenty of rest!!!

    Oh and I noticed you put "linking up with Kristin..." hehehe - actually, I'm Kaitlin! ;) But everyone who mixes up my names calls me Kristin - and you know the crazy part of that is?? My (very dear to me) step-sister's name is Kristen!!! Crazy eh??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. Megan, my daughter, is still coughing from cold she got. I found a different cough med for her, in pill form. She is feeling better. She slept alot when she was sick, thankful she didn't have a job at that point. Some virus has been going around here and lots of people not well. take care. I like your photo challenge you are doing...almost did it but decided not to. But am enjoying yours! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I'm so sorry. Colds are THE worst! I love the gifts from Joe. Praises that we never outgrow such things.Sometimes it feels good to just cuddle..Of course I usually have my dogs offering sympathy.Hope
    you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better! Doctors today are unreal. I was feeling very sick one time, from a med he gave me, amd they told me to come in six weeks! SIX WEEKS! I told the lady, if I am alive, I will certainly come in. So dumb these doctors offices have become.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.