Monday, September 1, 2014

WELCOME SEPTEMBER


Hope those of you who had the day off (as I did) had a really nice day.  I so enjoyed not having to go into work.  I slept in this morning.  In fact I didn't wake up until almost 10 a.m.  I never sleep like that.  I must have been really tired.

I decided to celebrate not only Labor Day, but also the beginning of my favorite month of the year -- September.  Joe loves September also and we both always have.  That's one of the reasons we got married in September.  It's still summer, but the beginning of autumn with all the gorgeous color.

I didn't get to decorate the inside of the house, but I did the outside.  I hung my wreath on the door and changed the flower pot to sunflowers.  Do you see the little scarecrow in among the flowers in the pot?



Joe and I spent most of the afternoon doing our food shopping.  It was something that we were going to do on Saturday but you know how that went.  And I try to keep Sunday as the Lord's Day and not do my shopping then.  I hate food shopping.  But at least it's done for two weeks now.

When I got back I filled up the bird feeder.  It's been empty for awhile, but I want to get into the habit of filling it for them again.  I hope I get to see some interesting birds.

For dinner I had some butternut squash soup in my fall bowls.  We don't have it very often because usually we can find it only made with milk.  Today Joe found one made with soy milk and that was great.


Then I made barbecued spare ribs and fries.  It was wonderful.


After a dessert of ice cream and studying my Bible lesson for tomorrow, I decided to end the day by baking some pumpkin spice bars.  They turned out great and the house smells wonderful.

It has been a great day.  Back to work tomorrow.

Kathy
 
----------------------------------------------------------------

Partly cloudy
High:  89 degrees
Low:  75 degrees
Sunrise:  6:28 a.m.
Sunset:  7:32 p.m.
13 hours and 4 minutes of daylight
The days continue to get shorter.

3 comments:

  1. The scarecrow looks so cute amid the flowers! The wreath is very colorful. I think that's why I like
    the fall. However I'm more into October. It's almost always a bit brisker than September. Putting on a
    jacket ....being able to walk the dogs a little faster (no humidity!!). Yea,ok, we were married in October.
    Guess that counts.....
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... The Fall!
    I just smell your kitchen from here.
    Your wreath is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive day. Those bars look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.