Monday, September 22, 2014

THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER


Just where did this summer go?  It seems as if it was just snowing and now the beautiful warm weather is going away again.  I love summer and I didn't enjoy it nearly enough.

I do enjoy the fall, though.  All the colors, cooler weather, great food newly harvested.  I get such a cozy, homey feeling this time of year.

Speaking of food, I started a new blog this morning.  After trying to find various recipes among my many posts, I decided to create a cooking blog where everything would be in one place.  You can find it at this link: Cooking For My Friends.   It is going to be lots of easy and good recipes and I hope you will check it out and perhaps follow it.  I think you will like it.  Especially when you have no idea what to have for dinner or make for that potluck supper.  Tell your friends, please.

It was back to work today and although we were busy, it wasn't overwhelming.  Just a few glitches that were easily taken care of.  Our Area Administrator came to visit today and brought a box of soft pretzels for us.  So nice.  I like Angela a lot.  She is such a doll.  The first time we met it was as if we had known each other forever.  She told me that I would most likely be getting three new employees to supervise.  I don't know what to do with a whole staff!

Well, I have to run and get ready for tomorrow.  Bible Study day.  We are on Acts 17 -- Paul preaching in Athens about the altar to the Unknown God.  It's going to be a good lesson.

Until later....



Kathy
--------------------------------------
Today's weather:
 Mostly cloudy
High:  72 degrees
Low:  50 degrees
Sunrise:  6:48 a.m.
Sunset:  6:57 p.m.
12 hours and 9 minutes of daylight   


15 comments:

  1. I know you dread those COLD winters of yours! Perhaps you and Joe can retire to a warmer climate. Texas is GOOD!!! I am going over to follow your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do dread all the ice, snow and freezing temperatures. Hope you like the cooking blog.

      Delete
  2. Hard to believe that summer is over, isn't it? Good luck with the new employees and I will pop over to your new blog. LOVE the name of it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. I went through so many names before I came up with this one.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with the new people. Who can't use another pair of hands? I like the name of your new blog
    and wish you all the best.
    I must say we've not had a bad summer.Hopefully winter will be the same. I do like all the fall colors &
    taking a brisk walk with my dogs. Then back home to snuggle.....okay,maybe fall has it's good points.
    Have a colorful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice if you can walk your dogs and then go back home. It's not so nice if you have to go out in the cold to go to work. No, the summer has been really nice. No super hot weather.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I love that Charlie Brown cartoon. Love him and Snoopy. Those easy recipes will come in handy. I have enjoyed what summer I could. It did go by quickly. I love fall...but I truly do not like winter much at all any more. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like winter either. Especially the ice. Hope it's not bad this year.

      Delete
  5. Kathy,
    Fall is my favorite .. I love it because I can actually tolerate being outside for more than an hour. Best of luck in your new blog..I'm headed that way to check it out.
    Xo Mairssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get as hot here as you do so I really enjoy the summer weather. Hope you like the cooking blog.

      Delete
  6. You are right. The summer went WAY too fast. I just hope this winter isn't as bad as last winter. Retiring someplace warmer sounds like a great idea. By the way the new blog looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it isn't as bas either. Last year was brutal!

      Delete
  7. I love fall, but this summer was so perfect weatherwise, and I had a fun vacation trip to Maine, that I hate to see it end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm going to miss going out without having to put on a coat..

      Delete
    2. I will miss capri's and flip flops. I hate boots and coats and scarves. ugh!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.