Tuesday, September 23, 2014

THE FIRST DAY OF FALL


HAPPY TUESDAY!
38 days until Halloween
65 days until Thanksgiving Day
93 days until Christmas Day
100 days until New Years Day

Welcome Fall!  It felt like it too.  Still warm, but with a touch of coolness in the air.  I'm really enjoying this weather.  I still haven't had to wear a jacket, but it's not sweltering either.  Nice!

I want to thank everyone who has been looking at my new blog and following it.  I already have a lot of recipes in draft form just waiting to be tweaked and published.  I'm having a lot of fun with it and I hope you are too.

I've been so tired today.  I really have to get more sleep.  But at least it wasn't too busy at work.  It was nice.  I still didn't get everything done but I will eventually.

I am taking tomorrow off as a personal day in order to go to a funeral with Joe.  One of his childhood friends passed away.  He really wanted to go to the service, but didn't have a way to get there because it is outside the city.  So I will go with him.

Tomorrow night Joe is teaching his first Discipleship Bible Study.  He has been studying so hard for this.  I typed up his handouts for him like a good little secretary... uh... I mean wife.  *wink*  I hope he has a lot of people show up.  I know at least two will be there.   At the same time the pastor is beginning a Youth Group.  We are hoping the kids will come for Youth Group and the parents will show up for the Bible Study.  That would be cool.

 Here's a picture from one of my favorite places:  Ocean City, NJ.  I follow Ocean City on facebook and they post the most beautiful pictures of the shore.  How I wish I were there!

Chilly morning on the first day of fall and the ocean dipped just under 70 overnight.
Well now that I've rambled on about a lot of nothing I think I will go to bed.  Six thirty comes quickly.  Until later....

Kathy
 ------------------------------------
Today's weather
Partly cloudy
High:  72 degrees
Low:  56 degrees
Nice!
Sunrise:  6:49 a.m.
Sunset:  6:56 p.m.
12 hours and 7 minutes of daylight 

5 comments:

  1. You ARE a good wife!! I love that ocen shot! Here I am in the mountains and thinking about walking on a beach! I would say enjoy your personal day - but would that be wrong since you are going to a funeral?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE your mountain shots. I've always loved the mountains. So while I show pictures of the beach, I am dreaming of the mountains!

      Delete
  2. I wish Joe success with his Bible study and to the pastor for the youth outreach. Many people may
    not be aware of how many different activities there are within the church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I love the Snoopy toon and the wonderful ocean side photo. Hope Joe is okay. We miss our dear friends, don't we? The church study will help , I think. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame that Joe has lost contact with many of his friends. His ex-wife made sure of that. I'm just the opposite of her. At least now he is able to be in contact through facebook.

      I will be letting everyone know how his first study goes. Usually these things start out slow.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.