Tuesday, September 2, 2014

SIMPLE PLEASURES



I love the idea of simple pleasures.  It sounds, well, simple.  And homey.  Sort of like a warm, fuzzy sweater on a chilly autumn day.  Or an apple pie like in the picture.  Don't you just love apple pie?

Simple.  Uncomplicated.  Not needing lots of parts, tools or time.

When I think of simple pleasures I think of a walk on the beach.  Or through the woods.  A wild flower.  A cookie.  A hug.  I think of a baby's smile.  A puppy or kitten.  The smell of a bonfire.  Or a hayride.

There are so many pleasures that the Lord gives us in this life here on earth.  Why do we make it so complicated?  Take time this week to enjoy the simple things around us.

What are some of your favorite simple things?

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I love the simple things best of all ! Like tonight as Louis Dean and I spend a few minutes sitting in our gazebo winding down from and talking about our day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the picture is so cute! I like warm cocoa on a cold day,hugs,nuzzling an old dog....there's a
    peace & wisdom there. I love today's blog! it filled me with a case of the warm fuzzies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how true- sometimes what seems like the smallest blessings really are the biggest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this post!
    It's a feel-good message.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.