Friday, September 26, 2014

LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER DAY OFF

This truly is an easy work week for me.  Since I am working this Saturday, I have Friday off.  And it's pay week.  Whoo hoo!  Of course you know that as soon as the money comes in so do the bills.  So I look at my check and know that in a week or so I'll be down to bare bones.  As my grandmother always used to say, "It's not a sin to be poor, but it sure is inconvenient."

It's been really busy at work lately.  At least there aren't too many "problem" people.  In fact, we've been having some very nice customers come in that it's a pleasure to talk with.  That makes the day go so much faster and easier.  My main problem is not enough time to get everything done that I need to do.

I have decided that today besides running to do grocery shopping and going to the bank, I am going to attack the living room.  I want to get my fall decorations up.  I have a whole carton of them.   I'm excited to get things looking like fall. Then I will be taking lots of pictures to show you.

I got talked into being in charge of the Children's Craft table at the Harvest Day Celebration at church on Sunday.  We have a ton of gimp and I haven't the foggiest how to use it.  I know we can use it to string beads and make bracelets or necklaces but there is a way to weave it to make things like bracelets and keychains.  So I went online and printed out instructions.  That is what else I will be doing today:  trying to figure out how to use gimp!
 
I am loving the pictures of the shore that I have been finding on facebook.  We are looking at houses down there as a possible place to retire, but all we have found is too expensive.  We will keep looking though.  We are not sure where God is leading us so we are looking in several different places.  We will know when it is right.

So here are my Ocean City, NJ pictures of the day:
Heavy rain, horizontal flags and storm surf as a coastal storm visits on Thursday morning.
But look at the change for Friday:
The sun is out and the surf is up!
 Have a good day!

Kathy
--------------------------------------
Today's weather
 Sunny
Predicted high:  77 degrees
Predicted low:  57 degrees (which is what it is right now)
Sunrise:  6:52 a.m.
Sunset:  6:51 p.m.
11 hours and 59 minutes of daylight
Today should be the first day of Autumn in Philly!     

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Kathy. I am glad you are having nice people in the library . I like your grandmother's quote. :):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandmother's quote is wonderful, and so true! I hope you get to decorate, and also get some rest, too, in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos you share are always pretty. I can just imagine being there in there in the peace & quiet.....
    good place to meditate & think.Your grandmother was a wise woman.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.