Friday, September 5, 2014

FRIDAY VIEWS


Hooray it's the end of the week and I am certainly looking forward to the weekend. It has been quite a week at work.  Next Monday starts school around here and we will be able to enjoy the day up until 3 p.m. when the kids get out.  We might actually get some work done.

And there is a lot of work to do.  I am processing magazines for the first time in over 6 years.  It's a learning curve.  I know HOW to do it, but not having done it in so long I just have to think over the steps to myself all the time.  I know I will get the hang of it and once I am caught up it will be easy.  It's just getting caught up!

We are becoming quite international at work lately.  There is a man named Robert who is visiting for six months from London.  He comes in to take out books and movies at least three times a week.  We got to talking and I told him I am an Anglophile and a direct descendant of King Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane through their daughter Matilda.  He said he's descended from Bonnie Prince Charlie.  I told him I thought everyone in England was either royalty or trying to steal the royal jewels.  He just laughed and laughed at that.  He's quite a character and always ends our visit by saying, "Cheers, Luv.  See you later."  To which I reply, "Ta.  See you next time."

Another man came in the other day.  He's from India and just moved to America.  He lives on the street behind the library.  Mr. Patel in one week has learned all of our names and addresses us by them.  He is quite the gentleman with impeccable manners and is always very well dressed.  He will sit at a table in the middle of chaos from the kids and read the newspaper or a book.  He seems to be oblivious to them.  I admire that.

So despite the fact that we face fist fights, temper tantrums, thrown chairs and a woman who comes in every day to use the computer and calls us all M-Fing A-holes, there are some bright spots.

Lots of changes are coming up at work in the next two weeks.  It will be interesting to see if they are for the better or worse.  Of course we're only employees and have no say in what happens.  I have a meeting to go to next week so I will know more after that.

Well on to your Friday view.  There is a man who lives near my friend Debbie who has a wonderful old car.  I keep saying I am going to get a picture of it, but I am usually driving when I see it.  However, the other week I was picking Debbie up for Bible study and there was the car parked outside of his house.  Since I was also parked, I was able to grab my camera and get a shot.  Hope you like it.


Can you see it?  I was sort of far away, but I think you can make it out.  Does anyone know what kind of car this is?  I told you I like old cars.

Have a good one.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. The picture came out quite good! It is a classic,that's for sure. Never a dull moment at the library.Sounds
    like you have to be on your toes! Your customers sound quite interesting. Russ runs into a few when he volunteers at 30th Street. We have a neighbor with an older relative visiting from Egypt. What a polite,
    friendly & plain wonderful gentleman!
    Noticed you tried the orange slush. How was it?
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my second favorite. I had it before about three weeks ago. You should try it.

      Delete
  2. That is a classic for sure! Is it a Model T Ford? I cannot believe that you have to deal with fist fights, temper tantrums and cursing at work. You need combat pay in addition to your salary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.