Friday, September 19, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW

I am working tomorrow so I had today off.  After all the driving I did yesterday I just sort of laid low today.  I'm so tired that I just keep falling asleep.

The one thing I did do was run to the store to buy the items for lunch on Sunday.  There is another Elders' Meeting and I volunteered to bring lunch.  I am making ground turkey and pasta shells in tomato sauce on Saturday night and putting it in the crockpot.  Then on Sunday all I have to do is heat it up while the church service is going on.

When we got home last night, Joe decided to go to his book club.  I dropped him off and then went to Payless to get some new shoes.  I took a long time and must have tried on every pair in my size.  My left foot is swollen and painful from my arthritis, so I always have to buy the shoes for that foot.  It's hard to find something that doesn't hurt.  But I found two pair that were perfect.  One is a brown leather oxford.  Really cute.  And the other is a black and white plaid canvas pull on with a sneaker-type sole.  It is not what I would ordinarily buy, but I have been wearing them today and they feel like bedroom slippers.  Really comfy.

So for your Friday View today I am using some pictures from the son of one of my friends.  My friend, Carole, used to live in Philly.  In fact her father was my pastor at one point and she was one of my Sunday School students.  She now lives in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.  Her oldest son, Stephen, also grew up in Philly.  He brought his wife and son here to visit family and see his old neighborhood.  He took magnificent pictures and I asked if I could use them, giving him credit, of course.  He said yes.  So here is the city of Philadelphia as seen through the lens of Stephen Kruckow.

The Philly Skyline

Independence Hall

The Liberty Bell

The Art Museum

The left wing of the Art Museum

The right wing of the Art Museum

The Art Museum and the Water Works

The Schyulkill River by the Art Museum

One of the many murals in Philly.  We are known for our murals everywhere.  This one is on Spring Garden Street and represents all the performing arts.
Thanks, Stephen, for letting me use your great shots.

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy- Those are some wonderful photos. I love all the murals you see in Philly. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Stephen!

    I thought for sure you'd have a Toe'n Tell with you new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Friday Views!!! And good for you in finding comfy shoes!! I am all about COMFORT these days. In clothes - if it's not comfortable enough to sleep in - I don't want to wear it! And shoes should be like slippers on my feet!!! Happy Friday to you and Joe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos.Stephen,you have a talent for perspective. I really like the view of the Liberty Bell
    shot. Thank you for letting Kathy share them.
    Can't wait to see the shoes! Comfortable shoes are a MUST! I keep hoping that Isotoner would come out with a line of shoes. I practically live in my slippers.Ha ha
    Heard it's going up to 80 degrees today Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.