Saturday, September 13, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW


Here it is another Friday.  The weeks just seem to whiz on by.  We are almost half-way through the month of September already.

I had a bit of a disappointment today.  I had planned on taking next week off as a vacation week.  Tuesday is my wedding anniversary and I usually take that week to not only celebrate, but to get my fall house cleaning done.  But...

I got my pay stub today and found that I have only 3 vacation days left.  I have spent so much time getting Joe to and from the hospital and doctor visits that I have used up almost all my vacation.  *sigh*

So I am going in to work on Monday.  Tuesday I will take off to spend my anniversary with Joe.  Wednesday I will go to work again and then take a long weekend -- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  It won't be too bad.

Next week begins our new hours at work.  We used to be open from 10-5 on Mondays and Wednesdays and now we are open 10-6.  Many people who work for the Free Library are upset about this and I can understand it.  If you have a child in daycare or a college class you are attending, this is going to be a big problem.  For me, however, and many of my friends going in an hour later and getting out an hour later means that you miss out on rush hour traffic.  This is a big plus for me. If I go home at lunch time it takes me about 15 minutes each way.  Going in at 8:30 a.m. and coming home at 5:00 p.m. it takes me up to 35 minutes.  That is quite a difference.  I am hoping that by not hitting rush hour I will actually be able to save on gas and time.  We will see.

I didn't have time to pick up my slush on the way to work, so I went at lunch time.  I had strawberry and I loved it!  It is my new favorite flavor.  Why did I wait so long to try it?

For your Friday View I thought I would let you see Snowy.  She has made herself right at home.  This morning while I was a work she made her way upstairs to the bedroom to tell Joe she wanted to be fed.  And she let him know in no uncertain terms!

Here you see her sprawled in her favorite place, right along the threshhold of the front door.



Sorry they are so dark.  I was sitting several feet away and knew if I moved it would wake her up.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

 Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting how just a few minutes can make such a difference? And how it can affect other
    aspects of life? I hope it works out for the better for you & all concerned.
    I usually like strawberry flavor but sometimes it's simply too sweet. I want to try the cranberry...especially with the fall approaching! Lovely photo of Snowy! Cats do have a way of making their
    wants known....sometimes loudly or just pushy.Talk about walking all over you...ha ha!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you have an hour later of work, less traffic is good. Glad you checked on your vacation time now! Happy anniversary on Tues. Ours is next month and we have planned a get away to the coast for a few days. I hope Joe didn't trip over Snowy. Of course the cats love to be in the way. Snowy looks alot like our Kirby that we had years ago, except Kirby had marmalade color on his ears and tail. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.