Saturday, September 20, 2014

FIRST SATURDAY BACK

HAPPY SATURDAY!

41 days until Halloween
68 days until Thanksgiving Day
96 days until Christmas Day
103 days until New Years Day


This was the first Saturday of the fall/winter/spring season of work.  We will be open every Saturday now until next June.  And after today I'm thinking I would like to be home every Saturday.

The library assistant supervisor and the guard from Fishtown were at our branch today.  Just as we go to Fishtown Branch on Fridays, they come to us on Saturday.  I was late getting there because I had to go to the bank, so they were very surprised to see me.  They didn't expect me to show up.  The guard and I do not get along.  And that is putting it mildly.  She was so angry that I was there.  I just didn't talk to her all day, avoided her as much as possible, and we got along fine.  I just keep remembering the verse in Romans 12:18 that says: If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.  So I did.

I got a lot of work done today.  It's good to have a day to catch up.

This afternoon there was a huge fight in the library.  I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I do know it involved a group of girls bullying another girl, her saying she wished she were dead, and a couple of mothers punching each other.  People!

After work Diane had to go to Home Depot and since it is on the way home, I drove her.  I was almost home when I got a phone call from Joe.  He said that Diane had just called him and said she had left her keys in work.  Could I take her back?  I called her and told her to wait for me, got Joe to go with me, and headed back to Home Depot.  Sure enough, there she was.  We went back to work, she went in, got her keys, and then I drove her home.  What a time!  But at least it all ended well.

On the way home we stopped at Rite Aid for Joe to buy a few things.  When we came out there was an old Ford in the parking lot and people were taking pictures of it.  We walked over to see it.  It was an 1919 Ford.  The owner spoke to us for a few minutes and let me take pictures.  I haven't downloaded them yet, so I will show them to you for this week's Friday View.  It was really cool and put a nice end to the day.

I'm heading to bed now.  It's going to be a long day tomorrow.  Lots to do.  Good night everyone.



 Kathy
-------------------------------------
Weather for Saturday, September 20
Partly cloudy
High:  80 degrees
Low:  67 degrees
(Nice day!)
Sunrise:  6:46 a.m.
Sunset:  7:01 p.m.
12 hours and 15 minutes of daylight   

3 comments:

  1. Were you ever busy! Bullying is bad enough but when the adults can't behave....You are such a blessing to others! I've been in Diane's position & know the upset one feels at the time,the frustration. It may seem like a small thing to some people, but relief you gave her goes beyond words.I'd locked myself out of the house with no keys,so I know. Blessedly I had bus fare to get to my husband's work to get his set of keys.
    Looking forward to the pictures. I like the cute one ending your blog.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Classy huh?
    This makes me mad why people act so awful in public, It just shows how these people were not educated in public behavior at home. No morals, no values, no fear of God.This is what we have become . A society of spoiled, thug loving punks that have idiots as parents who don't show example of proper behavior and don't care either.. ..I pray this young lady is okay and that she doesn't' become suicidal . God help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bullying has gotten out of control these days. I blame it on all the technology that is misused. More ways to torture someone. I guess one mom had had enough, especially if it was the mom of the girl being bullied. You are a good friend Kathy. Diane needs to be more careful, especially being a non driver or not having a car! As far as the security guard, pray for her. It may not be easy, but say a prayer for her for two weeks. I know you will see a positive change. You do not need to be best buddies, but no need for hostility on her end, either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.