Thursday, September 11, 2014

A MEETING ON PATRIOT DAY

This is usually my late day to go to work but today I had to attend a meeting at the Joseph E. Coleman Regional Library.

 

 I really didn't want to go.  It is far from home and in a not so nice neighborhood.  I asked my boss if I could skip it but he told me it was mandatory.  So I got myself together, set my GPS and went.

I was almost late because the traffic was so bad and I really wasn't sure where I was going.  I made a wrong turn once, but was able to go around the block and get back where I was supposed to be.

There are lots of changes coming -- some good, some not so good.  The next two years are going to be very interesting.  I'm glad I am on my way out.

I hope you all remembered this was Patriot Day.  I know we all remember where we were and what we were doing when the planes hit the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Schwenkesville.  I wrote about my experience several years ago.  You can read about it here.  Having experienced that my life will never be the same.


Photo: WOW! Let's get this to go viral. I will never forget this picture! Click the "share" button!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Never forget. I lost four people that day. A co-worker, a friend's son, a friend's husband, a firefighter I knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear this, Barbara. My sister lives in north Jersey and she knew of several people that lost their lives also. So sad and it should never happen again.

      Delete
    2. So tragic.... I am sorry for those who lost their lives. However I try to remember the
      outpouring of love,caring & unity that came about. So many people coming forward to help....

      Delete
    3. It was a day that changed our country. I prayed Wed. night that God would protect our nation and military. I prayed for the people whose lives changed because someoe they knew died that day. Glad you made it to your meeting ok.

      Delete
    4. Debbie, that is a good way to look at it. Becky, it certainly did change everything. I pray for those people too.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.