Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A DAY OFF

I took today off to take Joe to a funeral for a childhood friend of his.  But not only did he get sick with terrible allergies, but I woke up with my right knee so swollen and painful I was having trouble walking.  There is no way I could have driven.  So I ended up spending much of the day on the sofa with my leg up.

I did make some sugar cookies for Bible Study tonight.  I wanted to make maple leaves, but could only find the cookie cutter for the oak leaf.  Oh well, that's what we got.  They turned out really good.  I love sugar cookies.  One of the boys in Youth Group told me they were the best cookies he had ever had!  Wow!

Three people showed up for Bible Study tonight (besides Joe and me that is).  I thought that was pretty good for the first week.  Four kids showed up for Youth Group.  Again, a good turn out.  I think this is going to be such a good thing for our church.  First weeks of a new thing is always hard.  You have to learn the personalities of the people involved and get into a rhythm.

Our Discipleship Bible Study:  Carol, Genny, Joe, me and Joe.
 
IGNITE Youth Group:  Pastor Justin leading a discussion.


So it's back to work tomorrow.  I hope it isn't too bad of a day.  But it's only one day and then I have off on Friday because I'm working Saturday.  It's not going to be too bad of a week.

I wanted to show you another picture of Ocean City.  Isn't this a great shot?  I love the sky.  This is the Music Pier.  It is always my landmark.  We stay in a motel which is a block off of the boardwalk and the Music Pier is where we turn to get there.  I wonder how they got the boardwalk so empty.
Cloudy but dry on Wednesday ahead of storm that arrives later this evening.
Even though I've done very little today I am beat.  I'm going to go.  Until later...

8 comments:

  1. I agree, the first meeting of anything is hard.
    Good for you and Joe to show up when you both aren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope both of you feel better. Remember, we have a Philly cheese steak to eat! lol. ;-). You should also ice the knee, too, 20 minutes on, 20 off. Next time you go to the farm stand, bring home some local honey. Give some to Joe every day, in hot cereal, tea, with peanut butter on bread, anything. Will help with his allergies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! Joe is a big honey fan and eats a lot of it.

      Delete
  3. feel better soon. I didn't read your last couple posts...didn't know your knee was hurt. My right leg hurt at work this afternoon...knee and hip. But managed to talk a walk with Phil this evening and I think it helped. Glad you are doing a Bible study. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knees have arthritis. Some days are better than others. I think it was acting up because it was going to rain. Sorry about your leg. Hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  4. I agree that was a good turn out for first meetings. May both continue to grow! I am so sorry to hear
    that you both were so ill.My prayers that you both will feel better soon.
    I think that photo is beautiful, but I'm with you. How did they take the pic with no people? There's usually at least a jogger,walker,someone....looks peaceful though...
    Since it's supposed to be rainy today, may you have a 'singin' in the rain' kinda day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said above, I think my knee was hurting because of the rain. Rain and my arthritis are not friends. Thanks for your prayers.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.