Wednesday, August 13, 2014

THE SUPER MOON

Did anyone see the super moon on Sunday night?  I remembered later in the night so didn't see the huge moon everyone was talking about, but it was still pretty large.  And bright!  I took two pictures of it.  One I used the automatic setting and the other I used the live setting where I darkened it a little.  I can't decide which I like better.  I love that my little point and shoot camera can take pictures like that.



Here's another shot from Philly that I got from our local news station.


I've seen lots of pictures from all over the world around facebook and the news services.  Here are some of them.

Madrid, Spain
Dresden, Germany
Hong Kong
Manilla, Philippines
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sydney, Australia
Newport, Rhode Island
New York City
What a beautiful and marvelous universe God has created for us!

Kathy


6 comments:

  1. God is awesome! I especially like the one in Brazil. Looks like a fantasy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the very thing you said. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those are amazing pictures and your is right in there with the professional ones!
    I didn't see it in person. Do you know why it's call a Super Moon? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is closer to earth than at other times. The moon has an eliptical orbit so at times it is farther away than others. It appears huge because it is closer.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I had a hard time seeing the moon and getting a picture, was not worth showing. I love the big moon shots on the horizons. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.