Thursday, August 7, 2014

DOWN BY THE SEA


Ocean breezes…  sand castles…  seashells…  summer fun…


What better place to be than down by the sea?  I adore going to the shore.  I've been going to the shore since I was a baby.  I just love the sound of the waves crashing on the beach.  The feel of the cold water on my hot feet is just so refreshing.  I love to lay on the sand and feel the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the sea breeze.  What could be better?

This is the perfect calendar page for the dog days of August.  Can you believe that it’s August already?  Where did our summer go?  I have gotten to the shore only once this summer.  It was hard walking the boards with my arthritis.  Much harder than it was this time last year.  But I push myself to keep moving and walking and enjoying the beach.  I love it so much.  It would be my ideal place to retire.

I am hoping to get to the shore again in September.  The days are cooler and the water is warmer.  It is beautiful to lay on the beach, watch the waves, dip your toes in the ocean and enjoy God's creation.

The shore is such a large part of my life that I can’t imagine living somewhere without one.  How could I ever do that?  To me the sea is magical.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. I agree,the shore is a special place. I especially love the beach early in the morning (like 6 am!) before the crowds. It's cooler,the sand is soothing to my feet & I may find a few shells. God feels so close at times like this.Watching the sun rise in the sky.....Russ & I were in Baltimore,sitting on the pier at Inner Harbor,having coffee & watching the sun come up. It was the best moment of our getaway...
    Hope you get to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I love the ocean and lakes. But I have not been for some time now. I have cruised and I have not done that for about 4 years . It would be nice to live closer to water. I feel that summer went by quickly. Our town's schools start tomorrow. At least the kids get a weekend as soon as their first day is over. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach too. Only this time of year it is jam packed. Yes, August is flying by. All the Christmas stuff is out over at Hobby Lobby just saddens me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy-- the sea truly is a magical place- I go there to renew my senses and gather new perspectives. My soul seems to go "ahhh" the minute I feel the sea mist.

    I do love that calender page:)
    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a child I spent many happy days at the beach. I also loved pools! Now I can't take the sun or heat and I hate walking on sand! Go figure!I do love to walk along the edge where the waves lap up and the sand is wet and the toes sink in a little. That I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I'd give to live close to the ocean. I love it and find so much peace every time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.