Saturday, August 9, 2014

CHANGES




I love the summer.  Long days, warm weather, lots of sunlight, able to get around without a heavy coat.  I do much better in the summer months.  I feel more alive.  But...

I am noticing the days are getting shorter.  We were talking about that at work this past week.  It used to be bright sunlight at 5 p.m. and even on our late nights 8 p.m. wasn't all that dark.  Now we look out the windows at 4:45 and it's a little shadowy.

Change is inevitable.  In many ways change is good.  What a boring world we would live in if there were no change.

I love summer but I LOVE fall.  I said to a friend of mine just this week that I would be happy if there were six months of summer and six months of fall with a little spring thrown in for good measure.  Anyone want to guess the season that is my least favorite? 

I really am looking forward to fall and all the great things it brings with it.  But I want my summer just a little bit longer.

Kathy
-------------------------------
Friday's weather
Sunny
High:  83 degrees
Low:  63 degrees
This summer has been nice -- no really warm days and it has never gotten over 95*.
Sunrise:  6:05 a.m.
Sunset:  8:06 p.m.
14 hours and 1 minute of daylight 

6 comments:

  1. Most of my friends are summer folks, but I am the odd ball. Fall and winter are my times. I dont get out in summer if I dont have to....humidity is awful and if there is a bug in the state of Tennessee, it will bite me! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I am crying like Lucy....I want my summer to last longer. !!! I love Autumn, but I know what comes after that...old man winter and I am not a winter person. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like summer better if it were milder like yours. Texas heat is hard ! Our winters are mild so that compensates some! Change is all around us !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have evenings cooler now and it's darker earlier which I kind of like but wish it was light in the winter....dark in the evenings when we walk. My favorite time is spring when all the flowers bloom, especially the tulips. Late fall cuz I can wear my sweaters and sweatshirts again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, you sound just like me! Fall is bringing me closer to a "for real" Philly cheesesteak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. It would be a very boring world without change. I love the fall with its crisp air,great walking weather! I like spring too but the other two? Give me winter. I don't do well in the humidity.While I can
    understand that the cold affects your arthritis, I'd rather put more clothes on. There aren't enough clothes to take off to be cool! Ha ha!
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.