Monday, July 21, 2014

THE KITCHEN IS FINALLY FINISHED

It has been four weeks since we began the second phase of our kitchen repair.  Four weeks ago we emptied the room to have the new floor laid.  We lost food that was supposed to be refrigerated but was left on the counter all day.  We lost a cabinet which was put outside, rained on and destroyed.  I have lived with this in my dining room for the last four weeks.



(And this is only part of it.)

All we needed was for the last part of the floor, the shoe molding, to be put on.


Finally, three contractors later, we had a guy named Bill come out and finish it.  He did a beautiful job and we are very happy with it.  He even fixed a piece of the wall which the original guys botched four years ago.




I am very happy.  I'm even happier to be able to put my kitchen back together.  I might even be able to use my dining room sometime in the next few months.  What a novel idea!

I was supposed to go to work today, but had to take a personal day to be here because Joe is still sick.  Poor guy.  He says he is going to see the doctor this week if this sinus infection he has does not clear up.  It's no fun being sick any time, but especially not in the summer.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Hope Joe gets better Kathy. You have been through a lot. I would have lost my cool by now....I just hate lack of work ethics. Seems to a lot of it out there. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floor looks amazing!! Did the previous one last very long? I think we just put down what you guys DID have! LD is working on the pantry and then it will be done! We still have cupboards to buy and install - but that will not happen THIS week!! My den is like your dining room.....piled high with stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it's finished. Living in disorder is stressful
    Hope Joe feels better really soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floor looks fantastic! The molding totally matches.Glad the new guy even fixed the botched space.
    I know you'll be glad to get everything back in place. Hope Joe feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hurrah, your kitchen is done...now ya just have to put everything back! Looks nice! Hope Joe feels better soon. Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.