Sunday, July 27, 2014

SISTERS' WEEK DAY TWO (SUNDAY)

I woke up so late today that I didn't make it to church.  I hate missing church, but I must have needed the sleep.  So instead I got myself ready to go out to celebrate my sister Elaine's birthday.  We gave her a list of places down here to choose from and she selected Texas Roadhouse in Bensalem.



 None of us had ever been there before so we didn't know what to expect.  We were pleasantly surprised.

Joe and I were the first ones there.  Elaine was the next to show up.
The little waiting area we sat in until everyone arrived.  The barrel was full of peanuts.

Elaine the birthday girl.

Joe and me.
My brother Larry and sister-in-law Kim showed up next.


Kim
Larry went to the barrel and grabbed some peanuts.  He gave some to Kim and Joe.  They ate them and threw the shells on the floor as if they were at a ball game.  Other shells were on the floor so we knew that's what was done.



Our friends Marion and Rich showed up next. And finally Chrissy came in.

 We had a wonderful dinner.  For appetizers we had chicken nuggets with mild sauce, potato skins with cheddar and bacon and jalapeno poppers.  Everyone ordered something different:  shrimp, chicken, pork, beef.  Joe had a steak shishkabob with green beans cooked with ham and rice.  I had roadkill (chopped steak) with steak fries and applesauce.  There was so much food I had to bring half of it home.  

Larry told the waiter it was Elaine's birthday so he did the whole yelling thing.  "Today is my friend Elaine's birthday.  Everyone say happy birthday to her."  Then everyone around us yelled, "Happy birthday, Elaine."  The waiter said, "Let's give her a Texas cheer, on one, two three.  Yee haw!"  And everyone screamed out "YEE HAW!"  So fun.

We had a great time talking with each other, but it was so noisy.  After awhile I was starting to get a headache, so we paid our part of the bill and went home.

Joe and I are thinking of going back there again ourselves.  It was a good time.  Here are some pictures taken during dinner.


Elaine, Larry and Kim

Joe, Rich and Marion

Elaine holding her gift from Chrissy and Larry

Larry and Kim

Elaine and Larry

Kim and Chrissy

Elaine

Me, Joe and Rich

Elaine

Chrissy, me and Joe
We aren't sure what we are doing tomorrow.  We were going to go to Ocean City, but it is supposed to rain.  So I'm not sure.  I hope we can still go.

-- Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Texas Roadhouse is Amber and Mike's FAVORITE place!!!! I love it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, That is the place for men and kids. I have been twice and just not comfortable with the floors being all peanut shells...ewwee. I know that's the way is suppose to be, but I just can't throw stuff on the floors.:):) I hope you and your sister truly have a fun week together. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun place. If the size of the plate in front of Elaine is an example,no wonder you had food left! Leftovers can be just as good if not better.
    It's only supposed to be showers off & on. Hopefully you can get your trip in. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Sister Week!
    Taking the time for each other and doing fun things.
    Happy Birthday Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEE HAW!!!
    Now, you know how its done here in TX!!!
    I love that place too.
    so glad you enjoyed it. Wish you could visit TX.. You would love it just not the 100 plus heat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful birthday dinner! First time I ate at Texas Roadhouse was this one! in Bensalem! We had been at Parx for a while. What about those darn rolls? And the whipped cinnamon butter? Best part of the meal for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Texas Roadhouse. We eat there often. The rolls are the best!!!
    Looks like you all had a great time
    Hope the rain holds off for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.