Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SISTERS' WEEK DAY THREE (MONDAY)

This morning I actually got around to changing out the flowers in my pot at the front door.  Better late than never.  I think they look really nice.


The weather held out today and we headed for Ocean City.


The beach was really crowded.  We didn't have beach tags, so we didn't go on the beach.  But it was very windy and the sand was blowing all around.  I don't know that it would have been all that pleasant if we had.




Quite a difference from last year when they were still cleaning up from Hurricane Sandy.

The first thing we did was get Polish Water Ice.  It's not like Italian which is chopped up ice with flavoring over it.  This is like a cross between ice and gelato.  And as Elaine pointed out the flavor goes all through it like sherbert.  So very good!  It's the best thing to eat ever!

Elaine had cherry.  It was the exact color of her top!

I had my favorite -- mango!
 There were lots of kites out.  It was hard taking a picture of them.  The sun was so bright that I couldn't see anything in the viewer.  I just sort of aimed in the general direction and hoped for the best.



We loved looking out at the ocean.  But it was so windy!  I was glad I had pulled my hair back so that it wasn't flying in my face all the time.



I had a hot dog for lunch at Botto's Sausage Express.  Joe and I along with our friends Bud and Karen and my brother Henry and his girlfriend Lena were there on their opening day last year.  Their food is so good.

Then we headed for Jilly's Arcade.  You know we couldn't leave without playing some pinball and skee ball.  I was surprised that I did really well at pinball.  I mean REALLY well.  But Elaine did FANTASTIC at skee ball.  We were playing the same lane, taking turns and trying to beat each other.  But at the same time trying to beat the house.  If you made 280 points or more, you got a free game.  Elaine got 270 points!  Neither one of us could get to that magic 280 mark.  However, a little boy a few lanes away got over 300.  And another lady got over 400.  Just saying.

The boardwalk was crowded with both people and sea gulls.



We decided to have dinner before we left to come home.  We looked at a couple of places and decided to try a new place called Ike's.

Elaine had a green salad with crab meat.  I had fish and chips.  It was served with sun-dried tomato tartar sauce and the chips were homemade potato chips.  Oh my, how good.

It was starting to get late so we took one last view of the ocean.  It was still really windy and the waves were rough.  You could see a cloud of sand flying in the air in the distance.


Another shot of the boardwalk.
 We went to Fudge Kitchen before we left.  After all, what's a visit to the shore without fudge?  I also got some of Joe's favorite sugar free dark chocolate almond bark.  He was really happy when we got home.

I actually found the way home without getting lost.  I almost always drive around looking for the right street on the way back, but this time it was easy.  Elaine's a good navigator.

I was really tired by the time I got home.  But it was a wonderful day!



 On to Lancaster tomorrow!
--Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Glad the weather held out for you. The wind coming off the ocean can be a bit chilly but it probably felt
    good.Sounds like you both had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, So glad you girls had a fun day at the beach. I would have loved a crab cake myself. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day at the beach...
    It totally looks different than ours here in South Padre.
    I showed my husband your post and he agrees with me
    I would love to go visit one day.
    your pictures are beautiful.
    and what a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it didn't rain and you were able to get to Ocean City. I'll be there in about six weeks (maybe sooner too:) ). I saw Ikes when I was there earlier in the summer but never made it there. maybe I'll try their crab cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun! I love the beach. May go soon. Have a good time with your sister! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.