Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SISTERS' WEEK DAY FOUR (TUESDAY)

Today Elaine and I went to Lancaster County.  Elaine's best friend, Donna, came along with us.  We had so much fun.

Elaine drove, so I was able to get some good pictures along the way.  We headed through center city to get to the expressway.


We were lucky enough to see the Zoo Balloon floating over the zoo as we passed.  Cool!


We know we are in Lancaster when we see the beautiful farm land.




The first place we went to was Kitchen Kettle.  It was so crowded.  We couldn't figure out why everywhere we went was crowded.  It's a Tuesday so we figured it would be an off day.  We went to the Christmas Shop and got our annual ornament.  Every year on Elaine's birthday week we buy a new ornament for this year.  She got a blue delft nutcracker and I got a shimmery star.

Then we went to the Jam and Relish Shop.  We always go overboard there.  I got pumpkin bread, a Farmer's Blend Coffee K-cup for Joe, a bag of tortilla chips, mango salsa (unbelievably good), pepper jelly and pumpkin butter.

On the way out Donna and I stopped and bought some peaches from a farmer there.  They are so sweet and smell wonderful.

There was a guitarist there today.  There is always someone performing.  I stopped and listened to him for awhile.

A pot of coleus outside of one of the shops.

Another pot with different coleus.  I know my friend Debbie will love these pictures since she loves coleus!

Donna and Elaine taking a picture of me taking a picture of them!

The guitarist.

Sorry about the end.  I'm still not sure about using the movie button on my new camera.

It was getting late so we headed over to the Sight and Sound Theater.  



We had tickets for the show "Moses".  It was amazing!  The special effects were wonderful!  I can't say enough good about it.  Tickets at Sight and Sound are expensive, but it was worth every penny we paid.
We were in the balcony.  They were the best seats I could get.  We prefer to be down lower, but there are no bad seats in the place.

Elaine and Donna

And yours truly.

There was a magnificent statute of Moses in the lobby.

Here it is again from another angle.
 We headed for the parking lot after the show.  There is an Amish farm right next to the parking.  It is so pretty.  I took a lot of pictures of it.







 We went to Bird-in-Hand Restaurant for dinner.

Right before we went in, we saw a balloon floating over the building.  It was the same one Joe and I had seen flying over the Rockvale Mall the last time we were in Lancaster.  But this was much closer.


 We all had the smorgasbord for dinner.  Everything was delicious.  I had a slice of cantaloupe for dessert that was so sugary sweet!  Yum!

We waddled out of the place right before the closing at 8:00 p.m.  Then it was the long drive home.

Our last view of Lancaster.


There was a lot less traffic and we made good time.  When we passed the zoo we saw the balloon again.  At first we thought it was a huge moon when it was behind the trees.


We passed Boathouse Row and the Art Museum on the way home.  They are always beautiful.




Philadelphia is beautiful at night.



The Benjamin Franklin Bridge between Philadelphia and New Jersey (Delaware River).
I got home around 9:30 p.m.  It has been fun yesterday and today, but I am tired.  I'm glad tomorrow is a nothing day so that I can rest up.

-- Kathy

7 comments:

  1. You are so right ,Kathy. I love the coleus! The colors are so varied & bright and they are so hardy. It
    is almost impossible to kill them! The ones in our garden often grow to 2 feet tall & last into November.My favorites!
    What a busy day you had.You go to the yummiest food places! Though I live in Philadelphia,I am always surprised at how beautiful it is at night. You know,I've never seen the zoo balloon at night....very
    pretty. But then all your pictures bring out the best in whatever you photograph. Enjoy your 'rest up' day
    tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to see what your gals are up to, during your Sister Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sisters' week! I want to go to Lancaster County so bad, and to the dinner theatres and Sight and Sound. I buy the same kind of things at KKV. Love that place, I remember the cheese bread fondly. Great photos, Kathy. Always enjoy my visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Great photos Kathy. I loved everything you took pictures of. That ballon was awesome. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos Kathy! Sounds like an amazing day. I've heard lots of people rave about the Sight and Sound theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    You Kathy, are so blessed to have this time to spend with your sister!
    The pictures are amazing and looks like youre having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun. I've been to Lancaster county and eaten there. I have a friend that lives in Parkesburg and it was a fun time when we visited 2002. I'd love to go back some time...will see! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.