Friday, July 25, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW -- THE BURG



I knew I was reading the book about the South Pole for a reason.  Because it FEELS like the South Pole in our workroom at work.  It is so cold that Diane is wearing gloves and my hands are turning blue.  I even got a headache from the cold.  At least it's just a few more hours and then I will be warm for a week on my vacation!

I will be finishing up Dr. Jerri Neilsen's book today and starting on another about Olga Romanov, the oldest daughter of the last Czar of Russia.  Well, actually I already started it a few weeks ago.  It's very interesting but very in depth.  But I'm sure I can finish it on vacation and then it's on to the next book.  That one is about the boyhood of Henry VIII.

I am so very tired.  I'm actually falling asleep at my desk.  I am looking forward to an easy dinner tonight.  I'm making Joe's favorite -- spaghetti and meatballs.  Not my favorite, but right about now anything easy is my favorite.

For your Friday view this week I thought I would show you another house in my neighborhood.  Bridesburg is an old community.  Some of the houses are from the early 1800s and some are still being built.  There is quite a mixture of styles.  Like the last house I showed you, this house is also near my doctor.  I parked in front of it and thought, "This looks like it should be in Williamsburg, VA.  It looks sort of colonial."  What do you think?


Well that's it for today.  The next time I post will be on my Sisters Week vacation.  Whoo hoo!

--Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    sorry you have to endure such COLD conditions at work.
    you should complain.
    Yes, that house does look colonial
    I hope your week-end is nice and toasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE being cold!!! Right now I am chilly as I sit in our camper with the A/C cranked up!! I always sleep better when it's COLD!!! Hope you have a great vaca! Your books sound a little heavy......guess that's because you are a classy reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's too cold for the summer! Phil wishes it was cooler where he works as it's way too warm and he sweats. Nice colonial house. I love all the old houses in PA...lots of history. There's quite a few older homes here in town as well. I dream of owning one, I know it won't happen! ;0}

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is cute and does look colonial. It's interesting to check out houses in any neighborhood.
    I live in a row house but the houses across the street all have open porches. Go figure.
    Sorry to hear about the cold. I prefer it but believe there can be too much of a good thing....
    Enjoy your Sisters Week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.