Thursday, July 17, 2014

AN ORDINARY WEEK

I haven't been posting because this has been just an ordinary week.  What do you say about a week like that?

Work was really busy on Monday.  There were four of us there and we could hardly keep up.  So many library cards to make!  Whew!

Tuesday at Bible Study I made it "T-shirt Tuesday" just for fun.  We all wore our church T-shirts.  Even Pastor Justin when he stopped in was wearing his.  And the lesson was so fantastic!  Not just me felt that way, everyone was saying so.  We are going through the book of Acts of the Apostles.  It was such a good choice.  We all come away each week so energized.

Yesterday Bob and Marquita had off so just Diane and I fought off the crowds.  We seem to be having a lot of trouble with the teens this summer.  Again, it was really busy and a lot of library cards needed to be made (our least favorite thing to do because it is so time consuming).  I never seem to have enough time to get everything done.

Today is another late day.  At least all four of us will be there today.  There won't be four of us for long, though, because Marquita (our part-timer) accepted a full-time job with the Department of Revenue.  So good for her!  So sad for us.  Since I will be on vacation during her last week, we (the Library Assistants) are taking her out to the Chinese Buffet tomorrow night after work.  It should be a lot of fun.  Since Bob didn't want to be the only guy, I am running home to get Joe to join us.  Joe, being Joe, knows and interacts with everyone I work with.  He and Marquita really like each other so he wanted to say goodbye to her too.  I'll try to take pictures.  But you know how it is when you're having a good time.  Sometimes you forget.

So that's it for now.  I'm going to get ready to take Joe to his doctor's appointment and then go to work.  It's going to be another long day.

Kathy
------------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather
Partly cloudy
High:  84 degrees
Low:  69 degrees
It was a lovely day!
Sunrise:  5:45 a.m.
Sunset:  8:47 p.m.
15 hours and 2 minutes of daylight  

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes ordinary weeks are a welcome break:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right. But it makes it hard to blog!

      Delete
  2. I love the beauty of an 'ordinary' day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is quiet beauty and lovely memories, too, in ordinary days. I think it is wonderful that Joe is coming to the good bye dinner. Hope you get another part timer soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. But they are few and far between. Naturally most people want to work full time.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I love ordinary days for there are no storms brewing.
    get my drift?
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to see a co-worker go (especially one you like) but great that she found her a full time job. Enjoy your going away party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there is something special even in an 'ordinary' day.It's like stopping to savor & appreciate
    what is around us. Have a great time at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. I think the dinner will be fun!

      Delete
  7. Kathy, We do get happy for our co-workers who can get a job they want more....but then we feel sad to lose them. Blessings to you and Joe for a great weekend., xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly. I'm so glad for her, but will miss her terribly.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.