Sunday, June 22, 2014

THIS PAST WEEK

I have been so busy lately that blog writing has fallen by the wayside.  So let me catch you up a little bit with pictures.

We have been having some beautiful sunsets.  I just stand at the window and look at them instead of making dinner.






On Tuesday I came home from work to find Joe making hamburgers and french fries for dinner.  What a treat to not have to make dinner.


On Thursday we kicked off the Summer Reading program with a magic show put on by the librarian, Jerry, and our new guard, Julien.  The kids LOVED it.

Here is Jerry introducing Julien, the guard, who turns into...

... Magic Man!

The theme of the program was "Science vs. Magic".

Is it magic or science that makes a remote control helicopter fly?

Jerry can make a penny turn into two quarters.  I like that.



Jerry can make a rubber band move across his fingers by passing his hand over the band.



I have spent most of this week cleaning the house and cleaning out the kitchen because tomorrow is the beginning of having our old floor taken out and a new floor put in.  It will take about a week.  I am not good with renovations.  I don't like going through them.  But I know I will like it in the end.  Pictures coming.

Today Pastor Justin and his wife Cherie dedicated Miss A.  In our church we have adult baptism, but dedicate our children to the Lord and promise to raise them in such a way that they will love Him and in a time of understanding accept Christ as their savior.  Miss A was so good.  Her grandfather, who is one of our elders, lead the dedication.  All the grandparents stood with the parents for the dedication.






Miss A is now five months old and gets cuter all the time.

So on that note, it's off to bed I go.  Tomorrow is another busy day.  I have to get up early to finish taking all the furniture out of the kitchen, Joe has a doctor's appointment, and it's just Bob and me at work since Diane is on vacation and Marquita has Jury Duty.  I will be glad when this is all over.

Until later...

Kathy
===========================
Sunday's weather
Partly cloudy
High:  82 degrees
Low:  64 degrees
Sunrise:  5:32 a.m.
Sunset:  8:33 p.m.
15 hours and 1 minute of daylight  

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy friend!!!! You really captured some beautiful sunset photos. I love the pictures of Miss A, she is a doll. I can't wait to see the floor. Just remember during renovations that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renovations are certainly tests of patience! We have done our fair share of remodeling in this old house. These days, I want projects that can be completed in a day or two...I've had my fill of "big" projects. :)

    Keep enjoying those lovely sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those clouds are amazing. I won'y get much done either.
    I love all kinds of clouds,
    How fun that everyone jumps in during the Summer Reading Program. Cool!














    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.