Thursday, June 26, 2014

THE NEW FLOOR AND A WINNER

First of all I want to apologize for all the changes to the comments section that I have made.  I had to delete a post that the anonymous comments targeted.  I was OK for a few days and then they started on another post.  Since I put on comment moderation they have stopped.  For how long, I don't know but for now it's good.  I even thought about giving up blogging because I was getting 20 anonymous comments a day!  All on this one post.  It's very annoying.

But on to other things.  I thought I would show you the new kitchen floor.

The old floor had seen better days.

Even though I liked this tile, it was time to go.

This is what it looked like on Monday morning.

When I came home from work on Monday afternoon, the floor was down to the first layer.


Tuesday the subfloor was put down.

The new floor was done when I came home on Tuesday.

I think it is beautiful and I love it.

I like the brown/beige that matches the cabinets and the gray that matches the back door and the countertops.

I like the pattern too.  Even though it is one piece of linoleum it looks like a stone puzzle.



I am very happy with the floor.  The installer still has to finish up the trim and (I hope) clean up after himself. 

I am not very happy with the installer.  He was sloppy, left lots of stuff laying around, ruined some things (such as food he took out of the fridge and left on the counter -- we didn't know).  My ironing board is out in the yard.  I left a plastic tarp over it, but he took it off to bring in the table and chairs and now it is pouring rain.  I hope the board is not ruined.

And now for the winner of the giveaway.  I wrote all the names on slips of paper, folded them up and threw them in a bowl.  After I drew one I found that the winner is...

Becky of Grandma Becky L.
Congratulations Becky!  Please email me your address and I will get the things off to you.  That is if I can find them in the mess that used to be my kitchen.  Everything is in the dining room right now.  Don't worry, I'll get them to you in a few days.  Enjoy!  Hope you like your gifts.

Kathy 

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, your floors are so beautiful I can't believe it is linoleum. It looks so much like stone.
    I LOVE it!!
    I have been so busy with the baby and with life I haven't been on.
    didn't know you were having a give away.
    congratulations to the winner.
    I hope you give that guy a piece of your mind that wasn't nice for him to be so sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying so hard to clean up the place and it gets messier and messier. I will be glad to get my kitchen back. Even now I am working on the pantry while he isn't there -- throwing out old stuff and rearranging things. I don't think the guy is too bright and I don't think he even realizes that he is being sloppy. But it drives me nuts!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I won!!!! Thanks for the give away! I will send you my address in an email since I have your email! I love your new flooring. Glad you didn't get too many things messed up. I'd have a talk with that installer for sure and whoever he works for! Sigh! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new floor is PERFECT for your kitchen! The colors blend in with everything around it. What an
    excellent choice.( I'd be staring at it as I put stuff back!) Enjoy it, my friend.
    As for your installer,well.....It's one thing if you can complain to a company about his work habits.
    however if that person is not even aware of it.....I usually just ask gently "Are you cleaning up now?" If the
    person doesn't respond, I usually just do it myself. Sometimes it's better that way....
    BIG congrats to Becky!!! Enjoy!!
    Have a great day, Kathy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, You need to complain to the place that sent that installer out. I can't think of any reason for taking food from the fridge..ewweee. I would not want some one with dirty hands in my fridge. The stone pattern is a nice one. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made so many improvements! That must feel really good.
    The floor looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That new floor looks amazing Kathy!!!
    Congrats to Becky too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.