Thursday, June 12, 2014

MY CAR IS BACK!

This morning Joe and I took a ride in the rental car and went to the dealership to pick up our car.  It was nice to hear, "That will be $54" instead of "That will be $5400"!  Then we had to return the rental.  

Joe drove our car and I drove the rental.  He left before I did and I figured he would beat me to the rental place.  But I got there and he was no where around.  It was busy, so I waited and told the guys I was in no hurry.  Finally they were about to wait on me but still no Joe.  Just as I was filling out the paperwork and waiting on the car inspection Joe walked in.  He had gone a different way and ended up meeting a guy that used to go to our church but now lives in Virginia.  So he was talking to him for a few minutes.

It was so nice get our car back.
 

On the way back we stopped to get gas and then went to Andy's Deli for breakfast since neither of us had stopped to eat before running out to switch the cars.  We both had the Joey special (eggs, hash browns, toast and meat--ham for Joe, sausage for me).  The soup of the day was chicken stuffing.  I ordered it to go and had it for lunch.  It was very good.

Then I got ready to go to the doctor's office for my checkup.  He was very pleased.  Everything was good.  He looked at all my recent test results and all was right where it should be.  The only thing he could find wrong was my blood pressure was very low.  He didn't know why, but thought it might just be a bad day for me.


By the time I got home it was almost 4 p.m.  I was really tired, so I took a nap until dinner.  I made a ham steak, O'Brien potatoes and green beans.  After we ate, Joe went to the store and got ice cream for dessert. Perfect!

I have off tomorrow too since I am working on Saturday.  I hope to get a lot done around the house.  It's a mess!

--Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am a little upset. I have not been getting your posts in my reader! I was wondering why you were so quiet. Also, your old blog name, which was still on my list, belongs to someone in a foreign country and in a language I cannot identify! I immediately deleted it. This has happened with a few other blogs in the past. I do not know why they use the same name or slot or whatever it is on Google. I hate Google, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known about that other woman using my old blog title for some time, but can't figure out how to stop it. I don't know why you have not been getting my posts in your reader. That's strange. Try adding this blog's title again.

      Delete
  2. When you were telling how you hadn't seen Joe yet, and was about to do the inspection, I got worried.
    Whew! But that sounds like Joe.
    Glad "Blue Wonder" is back and it's happy riding now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Joe takes his Eldership duties very seriously. Always trying to promote Christ wherever he is. I was worried too, but glad to know he was just doing what he does best. The car is riding great now.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you all got your car back! I haven't heard from you in awhile over on my blog and was starting to get a little worried about you. Glad to hear all is okay in your world my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so far behind in my blog reading, but catching up!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.